Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 05:34:22 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9010 Posts in 2044 Topics by 8749 Members
Latest Member: Timothylong
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Associate Projects
| |-+  CrystalBlend Discussion
| | |-+  begginer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: begginer  (Read 5917 times)
shawn

Email
« on: January 06, 2006, 10:38:54 am »

Hi i am a blender user i aslo used a program called game maker before i found blender and made my own 2d game.  I would like to make a 3d game but while looking alittle bit around i found out it is alot harder to make a 3d game.  I saw crystal space and was amazed with the graphics it can produce and when i heard it was going to be in blender it made me really think about making a game. My question is what would i need to know to start making a game with this i want to make a 3rd or 1st person shooter i havent disided yet.  I know alittle c++ but i have a book on it i didn't finish yet.  If you could tell me some places for very begginers that would be most appriciated.
MartWhit

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 07:58:45 pm »

CrystalBlend 0.99 is not very mature at the moment, Shawn. I found it lacks certain features desirable for a first person shooter, such as sound and character animation. They're available in CrystalSpace however, but it takes a good deal programming experience to execute the translation from Blender to CS.

If you like using Blender, then by all means check out the existing Blender game engine which can render a 3D FPS today. Blender game programming support is available at Blender3d.org, several forums like CGtalk, Elysiun, and in 'the official blender gamekit book'.  Maybe CrystalBlend will be more developed by the time your game is nearing completion, so that you can simply make the modifications necessary to run it with Crystalblend.
shawn

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 06:19:15 am »

Thanks alot for your reply that sounds like a good idea i think i will do that, again thank you for your help
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: