Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 02:13:17 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9011 Posts in 2044 Topics by 8902 Members
Latest Member: Nelmczyk
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Associate Projects
| |-+  Crystal Core Discussion
| | |-+  Crystal Core execution error
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Crystal Core execution error  (Read 10187 times)
snnicko

Pyromaniacal Psychopath

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2006, 10:45:20 pm »

Greetings,

When I try to run crystal core after getting the latest CVS/SVN for everything and setting the environment variable in POSIX style I compiled using MinGW/MSYS from your instructions and walktest runs. celtst does not from a missing crystalspace.sndsys.software.driver.directsound plugin. When I run crystal core the menus work but I hit 'New Game' and 'Start' and get a dialog with 'crystalspace.maploader.parse.meshfact: Error loading plugin 'crystalspace.mesh.loader.factory.sprite.cal3d'! [node: meshfact(name=male_player),plugin]
then 'cel.pmesh.loadmeshfactory: Error loading mesh object factory or library 'male_player.cal3d'!'
then crystalcore: Error loading model! You can download the models from http://www.crystalspace3d.org/support/crystalcore/ See instructions in README.TXT
then crystalcore: Could not create our hero!
then cel.persistenc: no mesh found on entity
Finally an application error.
I use WinXP sp2

Hope someone can help
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 08:24:08 am »

Greetings,

When I try to run crystal core after getting the latest CVS/SVN for everything and setting the environment variable in POSIX style I compiled using MinGW/MSYS from your instructions and walktest runs. celtst does not from a missing crystalspace.sndsys.software.driver.directsound plugin. When I run crystal core the menus work but I hit 'New Game' and 'Start' and get a dialog with 'crystalspace.maploader.parse.meshfact: Error loading plugin 'crystalspace.mesh.loader.factory.sprite.cal3d'! [node: meshfact(name=male_player),plugin]
then 'cel.pmesh.loadmeshfactory: Error loading mesh object factory or library 'male_player.cal3d'!'
then crystalcore: Error loading model! You can download the models from http://www.crystalspace3d.org/support/crystalcore/ See instructions in README.TXT
then crystalcore: Could not create our hero!
then cel.persistenc: no mesh found on entity
Finally an application error.
I use WinXP sp2

Hope someone can help

Did you download the models from the given location (i.e. see error)?

If you did do that can you check if there is a sprcal3d.dll in the Crystal Space directory?

Greetings,
snnicko

Pyromaniacal Psychopath

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 04:58:50 pm »

I originally downloaded the maps from http://crystalcore.svanfeldt.com/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Compiling but I have now got them from the address in the error.
I searched my CS directory for sprcal3d and did not find any .dll files.
How do I build cal3d from cvs so crystal space can find it and what is the cal3d module name.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 07:34:18 pm »

I originally downloaded the maps from http://crystalcore.svanfeldt.com/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Compiling but I have now got them from the address in the error.
I searched my CS directory for sprcal3d and did not find any .dll files.
How do I build cal3d from cvs so crystal space can find it and what is the cal3d module name.

Can you tell me your operating system? What compiler. What version of CS. If you're using windows then what version of the winlibs package did you use?

Greetings,
snnicko

Pyromaniacal Psychopath

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 09:23:01 pm »

I use Windows XP SP2, mingw/msys (latest as of around a month ago), the CVS of all the projects as of an hour ago and revision 15 of the libs on the download page. I have rebuilt the project on the advice of Hak'M (I think) on the crystalcore IRC channel. I will get in touch if this works with the latest version.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 09:25:33 pm »

I use Windows XP SP2, mingw/msys (latest as of around a month ago), the CVS of all the projects as of an hour ago and revision 15 of the libs on the download page. I have rebuilt the project on the advice of Hak'M (I think) on the crystalcore IRC channel. I will get in touch if this works with the latest version.

Revision 15 is too old. Use the last version. Revision 15 is for the pseudo stable release.

Greetings,
snnicko

Pyromaniacal Psychopath

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 09:46:07 pm »

I know.

I am currently rebuilding the entire project. I only noticed revision 18 after the last post.

I have cleaned my crystal space, cel and crystalcore folders, got the latest version and built it. I still get the same error
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 06:49:06 pm by snnicko » Logged
snnicko

Pyromaniacal Psychopath

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 02:36:49 pm »

Ah, it works now, on this system at least. This is a different PC, same configuration as my other one, just faster.

Thanks
Ivybotreview

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 03:33:20 pm »

Great help, Thanks guys.
and thank google to hold great search results...  smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: