Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 11:17:22 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9011 Posts in 2044 Topics by 8897 Members
Latest Member: Roberwelc
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  TIE Fighter like game?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: TIE Fighter like game?  (Read 1987 times)
sjton

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2005, 09:03:42 am »

I've had ideas for a TIE Fighter(Wing Commander I & II) like computer game floating around in my head ever since I first played those games, my question is would CS be appropriate for a space based fighter simulator?

My thought is yes, but I'd have to do something funky with my wall textures and room sizes...  ?

I've looked into Vega Strike. That game looks wonderful, and I could probably put all my ideas into that, but I've been playing around with this idea for so long, I want to use it commercially. I really want to make a living building computer games.

So, any advice anyone can give me on simulating outer space with Crystal Space, would also be much appreciated!!!

~sj

“Lieutenant Colonel Christopher Blair, reporting for duty, sir!”
DaHoC
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 07:52:49 am »

Somebody already had that kind of idea and programmed a really nice space shooter in CS: The Cassini Division, take a look in the projects area where you can find a trailer and a url for downloading the whole game.
I also think that is a good idea for a game, I am planning something similar to that, too.
Greets
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: