Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 02:51:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8333 Members
Latest Member: Deminagomez76
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Miscellaneous
| |-+  Article/Tutorial Requests
| | |-+  a game
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: a game  (Read 15677 times)
equilibrium

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2006, 05:32:53 pm »

someone should make a like 3d game tutorial so people learn structure of game engine and learn through example..

like just a lvl where the person runs, jumps, shoots and opens a door..

make it have the option of third and first person so they learn how to do either..
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 06:32:47 pm »

someone should make a like 3d game tutorial so people learn structure of game engine and learn through example..

like just a lvl where the person runs, jumps, shoots and opens a door..

make it have the option of third and first person so they learn how to do either..

Such a tutorial exists: http://www.crystalspace3d.org/celtutorial.zip

Greetings,
equilibrium

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 01:00:00 am »

for crystal space not cel...
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 06:29:59 am »

for crystal space not cel...

Well CEL is a natural extension of CS. Most games that use CS for FPS 3D games will also use CEL. CEL makes this a lot easier so why not use it?

Greetings,
equilibrium

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 01:32:14 pm »

ok =D

lol....now ill download cel
also when creating a game with cs do i include the header file crystal space in the c++ directories ?
or is that done already for me??
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 01:34:37 pm »

ok =D

lol....now ill download cel
also when creating a game with cs do i include the header file crystal space in the c++ directories ?
or is that done already for me??

What do you mean here? I don't understand your question.

Greetings,
equilibrium

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 01:57:42 pm »

when creating the game...do i need to add crystalspace.h to my directories??....so i can put it in my code and it wont..like tell me that the .h dont exist
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 02:00:14 pm »

when creating the game...do i need to add crystalspace.h to my directories??....so i can put it in my code and it wont..like tell me that the .h dont exist

Well just make sure that crystalspace.h is in your include path. If you use a gcc based compiler (mingw or so) then you should best use the cs-config utility for that.

Greetings,
equilibrium

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 02:40:28 pm »

i have ms visual studio.. so i just put that in my path in the options and then i can just include it in my code?? and what about libs? also what about cel headers and libs
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 02:42:14 pm »

i have ms visual studio.. so i just put that in my path in the options and then i can just include it in my code?? and what about libs? also what about cel headers and libs

Check the documentation. There is a section explaining how to make external projects using MSVC.

Greetings,
equilibrium

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 02:45:40 pm »

on cel also?...
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2006, 02:47:16 pm »

on cel also?...

Not sure if CEL is mentioned there but it is equivalent.

Greetings,
equilibrium

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006, 02:51:51 pm »

ok i dont want to be bothersome but i also dont want toa make a bunch of threads so ill ask it here

i have blender.. when i export to cal3d... does it just export the mesh, animated.. or can i add some actuators.. for example
lets say i create a model, animate him to walk, and say thru logic bricks in blender that when i press i he runs the animation (walks forward)... when i export to cal3d.. will it contain that logic brick or do i have to do it in the crystal space?
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006, 02:54:16 pm »

ok i dont want to be bothersome but i also dont want toa make a bunch of threads so ill ask it here

i have blender.. when i export to cal3d... does it just export the mesh, animated.. or can i add some actuators.. for example
lets say i create a model, animate him to walk, and say thru logic bricks in blender that when i press i he runs the animation (walks forward)... when i export to cal3d.. will it contain that logic brick or do i have to do it in the crystal space?

No it will not contain that logic brick. To do that you have to use CRystal Space or even better use CEL. Using blender2crystal you can attach entity information (an entity is a bit like a logic brick) to some objects. I recommend reading the manual of blender2crystal for that.

Greetings,
equilibrium

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 02:58:18 pm »

thanks a million.. and kudos to you.. staying here likie the whole day and answering 1,00's of questions
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: