Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 09:02:19 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9032 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9289 Members
Latest Member: Kapifryba
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  General Crystal Space Discussion
| | |-+  Question about crystalspace
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Question about crystalspace  (Read 2556 times)
3d designer

Email
« on: January 20, 2006, 03:37:59 pm »

I was reading about crystalspace at linuxdevcenter
http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2000/05/16/crystal3d.html
and in the beginning of the article the auther said " if you don't have the programming skill or money to burn, there has been a third, though relatively unknown, alternative for a while now: Crystal Space "
Is that true ? Imean i am a 3d designer and don't have programming knowledg so can i make a 3d first person shooter game with it ? Is every thing i need is prebuilt ?
Another thing i am going to learn python from this book " Premier Press Python Programming for the Absolute Beginner " . Is that will help me to creat a 3d game with crystalspace
Best regardes
allpowerful32

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 03:45:01 pm »

Look at the "other projects using CS" link on the side of the main page.  There is already a fps in development with CS: Vital State - Reality Check.
dingobloo
Idle Extrordinare.
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 02:00:07 am »

Well the article seems innacurate, althought you don't need as much programming knowledge as if you were you write you're own 3D engine, there is still alot of programming involved. It is however possible to run Crystalspace with python through the iScript interface, but it's laregly undocumented and may take a while to understand.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: