Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 03:18:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8990 Posts in 2037 Topics by 7595 Members
Latest Member: Rejestruj1989
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  General Crystal Space Discussion
| | |-+  Using Crystalspace with Game Maker.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Using Crystalspace with Game Maker.  (Read 24933 times)
Linera

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2006, 04:42:56 am »

I use a program called "Game Maker" found at http://gamemaker.nl I want to use Crystal Space to make my games, but one problem is this engine hasn't been coded for Game Maker yet. I would like someone to either make a version of this for Game Maker or tell me exactly which files are needed to run the engine.

Game Maker has only one true 3D engine, which I don't like and doesn't meet my needs for my game. I really hope someone her answers my question.

Thank you for your time,
Linera

*admin: merged this topic with your other one, changed the title to be more descriptive.*
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 01:21:01 am by dingobloo » Logged
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 06:32:30 am »

I use a program called "Game Maker" found at http://gamemaker.nl I want to use Crystal Space to make my games, but one problem is this engine hasn't been coded for Game Maker yet. I would like someone to either make a version of this for Game Maker or tell me exactly which files are needed to run the engine.

Game Maker has only one true 3D engine, which I don't like and doesn't meet my needs for my game. I really hope someone her answers my question.

Thank you for your time,
Linera

What do you mean by 'which files are needed to run the engine'?

Greetings,
Linera

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 06:43:58 am »

like what files that come in the CS zip that make up the engine, just the engine(no demos, docs, examples or anything else not use by the engine.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 06:46:52 am »

like what files that come in the CS zip that make up the engine, just the engine(no demos, docs, examples or anything else not use by the engine.

That's hard to answer. The 3D engine as such is in the plugins/engine/3d directory. But that plugin alone is not useful. The engine needs mesh objects, 3D renderer, and a lot more to function. So you need a large portion of the plugins directory (at least plugins/filesystem, plugins/engine, plugins/mesh, plugins/video, ...) for CS. Also you need the libs and the include directories. The apps are optional.

Greetings,
Linera

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 06:48:11 am »

Well any ideas on how to code this for Game Maker?
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 06:50:09 am »

Well any ideas on how to code this for Game Maker?

Not really. I have never looked at GameMaker so I don't know what it expects. I don't think this is an easy job though.

Greetings,
Linera

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 06:53:28 am »

well all it needs is for all the commands used in the engine, need to have a way for Game Maker to send values and stuff to it.
equilibrium

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 02:41:59 pm »

is it to model?? or ??
Linera

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 07:11:35 pm »

Well for a dll to work with Game Maker the dll needs to be written to allow Game Maker to send values to its commands, Like saw one for starting the engine.
Linera

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 08:27:47 pm »

What exactly do i need (what files) for this engine to fully work?
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 08:31:36 pm »

What exactly do i need (what files) for this engine to fully work?

I already answered that question in the other thread. I cannot be more specific. It is too complicated.

Greetings,
Linera

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2006, 08:39:34 pm »

Well I can port this for Game Maker without knowing exactly what I need.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006, 09:13:07 pm »

Well I can port this for Game Maker without knowing exactly what I need.

I recommend you read the documentation of CS. Perhaps it will become more clear about what CS exactly is and how to use it. You don't really need to know what files are essential to the engine. You just compile CS and use it like instructed in the manual.

Greetings,
Linera

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006, 09:38:35 pm »

I can't compile it into a dll until I know which files to edit and i edit them so Game Maker can use it.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 10:09:30 pm »

I can't compile it into a dll until I know which files to edit and i edit them so Game Maker can use it.

You need to compile entire CS. Note that CS itself is made out of multiple dll's. So when you compile CS you'll get a few hundred dll's. All of them make up CS. For Game Maker you need to make another DLL that will load the CS dll's that are needed. What is needed I cannot say. That depends on what Game Maker needs. But you'll need at least engine.dll, genmesh.dll, vfs.dll and several others.

Greetings,
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: