Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:00:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8990 Posts in 2037 Topics by 7628 Members
Latest Member: Majstersztyk1989
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  General Crystal Space Discussion
| | |-+  Using Crystalspace with Game Maker.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Using Crystalspace with Game Maker.  (Read 25004 times)
Linera

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2006, 06:50:24 am »

Ahhh, screw this crap. looks like I won't be able to make a 3D game with Game Maker. The manual doesn't tell exactly how to prepare it into dlls so i can prepare this for Game Maker.

It is the worst 3D engine I've seen. Why do I say this? I say this because no one here is willing to help me do what I want to do with this engine which is use it in game maker.

I would have loved to make my 3D game but looks like I'll have to go back to 2D and spend forever looking for a 3D engine that people will help me port over to Game Maker.

p.s. Game Maker has only one 3D engine and graphics on it are the worst ever seen in 3D.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 04:13:08 pm by Linera » Logged
Linera

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2006, 06:04:09 am »

I find this to be the worst 3D engine now cause I am unable to use it cause no one is willing to code it for Game Maker. And its impossible to use unless coded for Game Maker.

Also people on the Crystal Space forums are unwilling to help even a little bit. I say you people need to wake up and help.
No one is going to be able to use this engine if none of you guys help them uses it, for example i needed this engine coded for Game Maker but no one would help me so I'm unable to make my game now due to you people. Now if you people would wake up and help others including me then I'll come back and use this engine to make my game. Until then you guys can kiss my ***. I mean every word I've said. You've also mad other people mad cuz my game will now have to be 2D instead of 3D and everyone who is waiting for my game was hoping for it to be in 3D.

So you guys can kiss my ***
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2006, 06:27:59 am »

I find this to be the worst 3D engine now cause I am unable to use it cause no one is willing to code it for Game Maker. And its impossible to use unless coded for Game Maker.

Also people on the Crystal Space forums are unwilling to help even a little bit. I say you people need to wake up and help.
No one is going to be able to use this engine if none of you guys help them uses it, for example i needed this engine coded for Game Maker but no one would help me so I'm unable to make my game now due to you people. Now if you people would wake up and help others including me then I'll come back and use this engine to make my game. Until then you guys can kiss my ***. I mean every word I've said. You've also mad other people mad cuz my game will now have to be 2D instead of 3D and everyone who is waiting for my game was hoping for it to be in 3D.

So you guys can kiss my ***

Most of us are busy people with a full time job. We already have a lot of work on coding Crystal Space and other projects. We simply don't have time to work on things like GameMaker. You are the first person ever to ask for support of GameMaker. Still plenty of people make games using Crystal Space. And if you look at these forums we DO help people to try to make games with Crystal Space.

Is GameMaker really the only option for you to make games? Why not use Crystal Space itself?

I find it a bit insulting that you say you are not getting any help here. I spent a lot of time replying to questions from you. I reply short whenever something is also explained in the documentation. Did you ever try to read that?

Greetings,
Linera

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2006, 06:38:24 am »

I only can use Game Maker to make my games. no possible way for me to make a game without Game Maker
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2006, 06:44:39 am »

I only can use Game Maker to make my games. no possible way for me to make a game without Game Maker

Why not?

Greetings,
Linera

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2006, 06:45:57 am »

I have been with Game Maker for 3-4 years now and I have no time to learn what ever game design program CS uses.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2006, 06:48:59 am »

I have been with Game Maker for 3-4 years now and I have no time to learn what ever game design program CS uses.

Ok. In any case. Making support for Crystal Space for GameMaker is NOT easy. I just looked a bit at the site and this would really be a very big project. It will be hard to find people that have time for this.

Greetings,
Linera

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2006, 06:50:09 am »

SEE, this is exactly the **** i'm talking about. no one is willing to help.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2006, 06:53:25 am »

SEE, this is exactly the **** i'm talking about. no one is willing to help.

Why would people help you with something that will take months to develop? Are you going to pay them? I work fulltime for my normal job. I work on Crystal Space, CrystalBlend, Crystal Core, and CEL in my spare time (besides children + garden ...). Making CS work for GameMaker is really a matter of months of development.

Greetings,
Linera

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2006, 06:55:52 am »

I've been told on GMC that all you do is add some stuff so GM can send commands to the dll.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2006, 06:58:10 am »

I've been told on GMC that all you do is add some stuff so GM can send commands to the dll.

Yes that's once the DLL is made. CS dll's don't work like that. They don't accept commands. Crystal Space uses a C++ API which is totally different from what GM expects. So first you would need to develop a new DLL that translates the commands from GM to the C++ method calls in CS. This is what takes a lot of time because CS is very different from what GameMaker expects.

Greetings,
Linera

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2006, 07:00:32 am »

You make it sound like you are the only person who makes CS.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2006, 07:02:01 am »

You make it sound like you are the only person who makes CS.

I'm not but all the other developers are pretty much in the same situation as me. We all have full time jobs.

Greetings,
muffinpeddler

View Profile Email
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2006, 07:04:24 am »

Linera, show some respect for the amount of work not only Jorrit have put into crystal space but many others.  Just because one person wants something doesn't mean they are going to drop what they are doing for many to help just one person.  If you want 3D, most likely you are going to have to learn either opengl or an engine.  If you don't have the time to learn it, they don't have the time to integrate it with game maker.
Linera

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2006, 07:06:27 am »

if the engine is made also for GM then I'm unable to use it.

and i was told on GMC that when you take a dll to be coded for GM you just add some coding so GM can tell the dll what to display.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: