Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 05:23:42 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8265 Members
Latest Member: Cindyroome
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Game Content Creation
| | |-+  Format for models
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Format for models  (Read 2438 times)
snnicko

Pyromaniacal Psychopath

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2006, 02:23:27 pm »

I was wondering, I have created some models in blender of weapons. I have read other posts about exporting to cal3d but I was wondering, I was led to believe that cal3d was for characters and hierachial animation (whatever that is), not weapon animation like recoil and overheat.

In addition to this, how would I go about producing a weapon reload. I am not looking for code, just would I model both weapon and character together (reload includes characters hand), model them for cal3d and use hierachial animation (like I said, whatever that is) or would I model them seperately and combine them in code?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 02:28:08 pm by snnicko » Logged
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 09:52:51 pm »

I was wondering, I have created some models in blender of weapons. I have read other posts about exporting to cal3d but I was wondering, I was led to believe that cal3d was for characters and hierachial animation (whatever that is), not weapon animation like recoil and overheat.

That's true. For non animating meshes genmesh is the best choice. Blender2crystal can export to genmesh.

In addition to this, how would I go about producing a weapon reload. I am not looking for code, just would I model both weapon and character together (reload includes characters hand), model them for cal3d and use hierachial animation (like I said, whatever that is) or would I model them seperately and combine them in code?

Thanks in advance.

Modelling seperately is better. You can define sockets on the hands so that the actor can hold the weapon. That it is easier to replace with other weapons or no weapon at all. PlaneShift uses this technique.

Greetings,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: