Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 09:07:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9032 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9289 Members
Latest Member: Kapifryba
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  blender2crystal not working (newb)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: blender2crystal not working (newb)  (Read 1894 times)
Eku

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2006, 04:19:59 am »

I've successfully compiled CS on my computer with MinGW/MSYS, and have been able to run walktest.  Now I'd like to build worlds with Blender, and found and installed blender2crystal, which seems to work properly (I get the GUI, and it outputs a .zip file.) See: http://community.crystalspace3d.org/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=27

But, when I create a cube, put in textures, export, and put it in the data folder, walktest doesn't work.  It gives me the same error mentioned here: http://community.crystalspace3d.org/forum/index.php/topic,587.0.html  I tried the solution mentioned in the post, but it still doesn't work.  I know I'm missing a step, but if someone could point me in the right direction with a link, or a page in the manual, I'd really appreciate it.

BTW: the blend2CS conversion program is another option I looked at, but the download doesn't work (this has been mentioned in this forum a few times).  Any news on that front?
dingobloo
Idle Extrordinare.
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 04:24:36 am »

BTW: the blend2CS conversion program is another option I looked at, but the download doesn't work (this has been mentioned in this forum a few times).  Any news on that front?

blend2cs is no longer an option as it has been deprecated because of the vast feature superiority of blender2crystal.

It would be nice to know a few more details like, how are you attempting to load your map into walktest? what are the exact error messages?
Eku

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 05:08:34 am »

thanks for the reply.

I get exactly the same series of three error messages that allpowerfull32 gets in his post.  (kinda a lot to retype, so I'll count on the url posting!)
http://community.crystalspace3d.org/forum/index.php/topic,587.0.html

Interestingly: I tried to replicate his results.  I copied all the files in "terrain" and put them in a folder called "terraintest".  Then I typed, in the c:/CS directory, in MSYS: "walktest -relight data/terraintest, and it worked.  Putting my "world.zip" file (the one generated by blender2crystal) into a the data file, I tried to type "walktest -relight world" but it failed, giving me the above-mentioned three error messages.  Even though I thought I'd read that walktest can read .zips, I extracted and tried the same command with the extracted folder, but got the same result.

As for blender2crystal, since I couldn't download it from the main site, is there a mirror somewhere?  (I get the same problem others who've posted here get: a blank window when we try to download.)
Phorem

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 05:12:40 am »

As for your first problem, you have to add the "folder" you want to use to test maps in your "vfs.cfg". For example, if you have a folder called "test" in your CS data folder, you would add :

VFS.Mount.lev/test   = $@data$/test$/

to the list of folders that are already added to the vfs

VFS.Mount.lev/flarge   = $@data$/flarge$/
VFS.Mount.lev/pvstest  = $@data$/pvstest$/
VFS.Mount.lev/r3dtest  = $@data$/r3dtest$/
VFS.Mount.lev/parallaxtest = $@data$/parallaxtest$/
VFS.Mount.lev/stenciltest = $@data$/stenciltest$/
..........and so on.

Drop all your game data (or the maps you have created in blender into here) i usually don't use the zip files but even if you do, you still have to add an entry for it in the vfs.cfg file. Try setting it up without the zip file - just export the data as is or unzip the file and dop the world file and all the other data in the test folder in your data directory.

If you want to mount a zip file try something like the aws entry...

; Mount for test
VFS.Mount.test = $@data$/test.zip, $@data$/test$/

And to access the map you created :

walktest.exe test -relight

Hope that helps a bit.
Eku

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 05:30:54 am »

Thanks!  I'll post back with my results. 

EDIT:
YEEHA!  It works!  Thanks, Phorem.  Now, on to portals, thing meshes, and sprites.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 03:28:41 pm by Eku » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: