Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 06:16:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9032 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9295 Members
Latest Member: Marioibuch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Associate Projects
| |-+  CEL Discussion
| | |-+  'pcmesh' in player entity
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 'pcmesh' in player entity  (Read 2594 times)
bernardofd

59948732 bernardofd@click21.com.br
View Profile WWW
« on: January 13, 2006, 07:20:48 pm »

Hello;

I'm adapting my little application to use CEL by looking at the tutorial (celtutorial.zip - In CEL's download page) and adapting his code to mine.  Well, my app is an FPS-like, 1st person camera, and I didn't want to have an mesh for the player character (I don't have any meshes for that at all.)

The problem is, when initializing the player, I neewd to set up the CD system, and it throws an error saying : "cel.persistence:  No Mesh found on entity!". My question is: is a mesh for player really necessary? I've set up the BBox for the player, using the csColliderActor parameters:

Code:
pclinmove->InitCD(csVector3(.3f, .5f, .3f), csVector3(.5f, 2.0f, .5f), csVector3(0,-1,0));

as

Code:
csVector3 legs (.5f, 2.0f, .5f);
csVector3 body (.3f, .5f, .3f);
csVector3 shift (0, -1, 0);

With this data, the CD sys can't work without a mesh?

If not, can I create meshes using functions like csBox3() for example?

Regards;

Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 07:36:15 pm »

Hello;

I'm adapting my little application to use CEL by looking at the tutorial (celtutorial.zip - In CEL's download page) and adapting his code to mine.  Well, my app is an FPS-like, 1st person camera, and I didn't want to have an mesh for the player character (I don't have any meshes for that at all.)

The problem is, when initializing the player, I neewd to set up the CD system, and it throws an error saying : "cel.persistence:  No Mesh found on entity!". My question is: is a mesh for player really necessary? I've set up the BBox for the player, using the csColliderActor parameters:

Code:
pclinmove->InitCD(csVector3(.3f, .5f, .3f), csVector3(.5f, 2.0f, .5f), csVector3(0,-1,0));

as

Code:
csVector3 legs (.5f, 2.0f, .5f);
csVector3 body (.3f, .5f, .3f);
csVector3 shift (0, -1, 0);

With this data, the CD sys can't work without a mesh?

If not, can I create meshes using functions like csBox3() for example?

Regards;

It is a current limitation that indeed a mesh is needed. Using a dummy mesh or a null mesh is probably best here.

Greetings,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: