Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 04:19:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8990 Posts in 2037 Topics by 7597 Members
Latest Member: Drukareczka1989
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Game Content Creation
| | |-+  How to make a Skybox ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How to make a Skybox ?  (Read 3124 times)
maharaja

t.javed@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« on: February 05, 2006, 09:14:14 pm »

Hi,

I have tried reading each and every article/tutorial and the official documentation.... and everything tells you how to make rooms, rooms and more rooms...as simple and basic as it sounds, there is no single tutorial or article yet that explains how one can make a Skybox  Smiley

There is a part of documentation dealing with map2cs converter, well written and understandable, but just the part which deals with Skybox is totally incomprehensible for me....

Could anyone please help??
All I want to do is make a simple skybox with some terrain and a sky and be able to run it with walktest.

Any help would be very much appreciated!
And once I learn it I would gladly write a beginner-level article or tutorial about it.

Regards,
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 09:59:39 pm »

Hi,

I have tried reading each and every article/tutorial and the official documentation.... and everything tells you how to make rooms, rooms and more rooms...as simple and basic as it sounds, there is no single tutorial or article yet that explains how one can make a Skybox  Smiley

There is a part of documentation dealing with map2cs converter, well written and understandable, but just the part which deals with Skybox is totally incomprehensible for me....

Could anyone please help??
All I want to do is make a simple skybox with some terrain and a sky and be able to run it with walktest.

Any help would be very much appreciated!
And once I learn it I would gladly write a beginner-level article or tutorial about it.

Regards,

The easiest way to get a skybox is to look at the terrainf map in the latest pseudo-stable release of CS. i.e. in data/terrainf/world there is an example skybox that you can look at to see how it works.

Let me know if this helps.

Greetings,
chuangzu

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 08:07:17 pm »

I had a look at this map but I cant make head now tail of what is going on here, perhaps because I am a 3d artist and not a programmer.
If someone could explain to me how it works, preferable the person who wrote it, I would be happy to repay by making a tutorial on it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: