Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 01:20:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8270 Members
Latest Member: Rodphil39
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Collison detection with Hammer/map2CS maps
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Collison detection with Hammer/map2CS maps  (Read 1658 times)
Urbanist

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2005, 01:17:47 pm »

This is quite an intreasing one.

If I build a world map by hand I get the basic collison detection built into iCamera/iSector. Which is quite neat.

If I start with the simple tutorial examples and read in a map I've noticed something intreasting. Firstly the code the default new csView returns a Camera which has  'GetOnlyPortals' set to true. That is when you run the program you can see but not touch - ie you get no default collison detection.

If you set the Camera to ->OnlyPortals(false) you get a weak kind of collison detection. That is your eye can pass though the polygon but then it gets stuck. Sometimes you can pass straight though an wall polygon. Yes I am always makeing sure iCamera->move() has cd = true.  

I've tried writing my own walking stick code by calling the sectors followSegment method this always returns thin (ie you never hit anything).

I realise I can try following the walktest code and implement 'proper' collison detection. What is intreasting is that if I write my own map by hand it works but If I use a map generated by hammer/worldcraft then it I get this collison detection flakeyness. I don't get this problem with the same code on a Mac running OS X ( the windows version is werid).

I can't see what the map2CS code is produceing in the world code which is interfearing with the collison detection.

So can anyone make any informed suggestions. I'm guessing its something in the file format but this being crystal space I assume someone is going to say something involving one configuration file or other wink  wink

thanks in advance.

NSD.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: