Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 11:14:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9011 Posts in 2044 Topics by 8828 Members
Latest Member: Saikjanna
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Hi every body! I'm newbie pls answer my question.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hi every body! I'm newbie pls answer my question.  (Read 3531 times)
bentino

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2006, 09:36:39 am »

recently I try to use Crytal Space but I don't know its work.pls answer me first time what to do.

ps. when I compile "wkstypical.sln" It's require zlib.lib
     I don't know what folder for install extension library
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 09:42:09 am by bentino » Logged

Rome can't build in one day, The best games is too.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 09:38:31 am »

recently I try to use Crytal Space but I don't know its work.pls answer me first time what to do.
ps.after I could downloaded I don't know what folder for install extension library

Did you read the documentation that comes with CS? Open docs/html/manual/index.html in a browser.

Greetings,
bentino

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 09:44:11 am »

I read it. but I don't understand sorry

dingobloo
Idle Extrordinare.
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 09:48:48 am »

Crystalspace is distributed as source code http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_Code meaning you will need a compiler in order to use it.
There are several free compilers available depending on your platform, for example on windows:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualC/default.aspx

MinGW/MSYS  http://www.mingw.org/

By following the documentations, you should be able to build the CS SDK and demo excecutables.
bentino

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 09:53:26 am »

I must compile "CS\mk\visualc7\wkstypical.sln" before?

Compiling Crystal Space
To compile Crystal Space, you'll have to perform the following steps. If anything doesn't work, see the Win32 FAQ, MSVC7 FAQ.

Load `CS\mk\visualc7\wkstypical.sln' (On the other hand, if you want to try out the experimental new renderer, open the workspace `wksnewrenderer.sln' in the same directory, and select either the Release_NR or Debug_NR build mode.)

From the file menu select Build->Build Solution. Note that you must build the project using the Release or Debug build modes. Do not use the special-purpose Release_NR, Debug_NR, or ExtensiveMemDebug build modes (which are reserved for specific developmental activities on Crystal Space itself). Note that you must use Release_NR or Debug_NR if you selected `wksnewrenderer.sln'.

After a while the compilation should finish. The signal for a successful build will be come in the form of the something similar to the following:
 ¬†Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped

---------------------------------------------------

It's require zlib.lib what folder I must extract?
my CS folder here C:\CS

jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 09:54:34 am »

Please use the latest pseudo-stable. It appears like you are using 0.98 but that is very old.

Greetings,
dingobloo
Idle Extrordinare.
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 10:09:11 am »

Also, the lack of Zlib indicates that you havn't installed cswin32libs

I must compile "CS\mk\visualc7\wkstypical.sln" before?

Compiling Crystal Space
To compile Crystal Space, you'll have to perform the following steps. If anything doesn't work, see the Win32 FAQ, MSVC7 FAQ.

Load `CS\mk\visualc7\wkstypical.sln' (On the other hand, if you want to try out the experimental new renderer, open the workspace `wksnewrenderer.sln' in the same directory, and select either the Release_NR or Debug_NR build mode.)

From the file menu select Build->Build Solution. Note that you must build the project using the Release or Debug build modes. Do not use the special-purpose Release_NR, Debug_NR, or ExtensiveMemDebug build modes (which are reserved for specific developmental activities on Crystal Space itself). Note that you must use Release_NR or Debug_NR if you selected `wksnewrenderer.sln'.

After a while the compilation should finish. The signal for a successful build will be come in the form of the something similar to the following:
  Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped

---------------------------------------------------

It's require zlib.lib what folder I must extract?
my CS folder here C:\CS

bentino

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 10:10:10 am »

thanks

bentino

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 09:11:43 pm »

Now I can use CS thanks for all reply.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: