Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 05:33:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9020 Posts in 2053 Topics by 8570 Members
Latest Member: Msroyscarl03
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Game Content Creation
| | |-+  Skeleton export problem from MilkShape 3D to Cal3D
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Skeleton export problem from MilkShape 3D to Cal3D  (Read 2884 times)
willjm

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2006, 05:45:33 am »

I am having some problems exporting animations from MilkShape 3D to Cal3D format and I desperately need help! I have an animation that is supposed to make my model hover up and down, which requires a translation on the Y axis. When I view the model in my application, the model is on it's back and it's hovering up and down on the Y axis. Using a hard transform in my .cal3d file for the model I was able to stand my model upright. However this is where I have a problem, the animation rotated along with the model and now it moves back and forth instead of up and down. This is not the desired effect. What seems to be happening is the skeleton and meshes are exported but the Z and Y axis seem to be swapped. Would anyone know how to correct the position of the skeleton or animation that is exported using the Cal3D exporter from MilkShape 3D? I really need some help with this.

Thanks!

- willjm
snnicko

Pyromaniacal Psychopath

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 07:01:03 pm »

I could be wrong but couldn't you, in theory, rotate the model and animation so that its corrected by the exporter.
It's a dodgy fix at best but it may work. There is probably a better way
willjm

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 07:54:20 pm »

A dodgy fix indeed! I could also make the animations in MilkShape on the opposite axis and export them accordingly. Another solution would be that I could make the animations and rename them to what they actually do after they have been exported. However, sadly these solutions don't fix the real problem which is with the exporter. It would be nice to use the exporter as it is intended to be used without coming up with hacks to get the desired output.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: