Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:40:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8990 Posts in 2037 Topics by 7628 Members
Latest Member: Majstersztyk1989
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  General Crystal Space Discussion
| | |-+  World file reference
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: World file reference  (Read 1823 times)
FCP

Email
« on: February 19, 2006, 03:09:05 pm »

Im working on a project that involved generating world files on the fly and saving them for loading later. Im having a little trouble with understanding the world files though, Ive been looking around and cant fiind a reference on them. Could someone point me at a reference or tutorial for world files?

Failing that can someone point me to very simplistic map files (ie only a room or a room with an object) that dont have a bajillion lines of code with unobvious tags and parameters just as an example?
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 03:40:42 pm »

Im working on a project that involved generating world files on the fly and saving them for loading later. Im having a little trouble with understanding the world files though, Ive been looking around and cant fiind a reference on them. Could someone point me at a reference or tutorial for world files?

Failing that can someone point me to very simplistic map files (ie only a room or a room with an object) that dont have a bajillion lines of code with unobvious tags and parameters just as an example?

There is some incomplete documentation in the manual (using cs/loading maps and models) but it is mostly outdated. As to simple rooms check out the r3dtest or stenciltest levels (especially stenciltest) that you can find included with CS (data dir). These are very simple.

And of course you can always ask here.

Greetings,
FCP

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 03:59:51 pm »

Thanks,i will check them out.

Any other pointers are welcome though, like if there is a commented map file somewhere that would be cool.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: