Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 09:34:39 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9020 Posts in 2053 Topics by 8564 Members
Latest Member: Gwennparks5
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Associate Projects
| |-+  CrystalBlend Discussion
| | |-+  Whats different?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Whats different?  (Read 9891 times)
project2

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2006, 08:23:51 pm »

I know crystal blend is more friendly towards blender but what does that mean exactly?
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 08:40:12 pm »

I know crystal blend is more friendly towards blender but what does that mean exactly?

To understand what CrystalBlend is you must first understand what GameBlender is. Check out http://www.gameblender.org for more information about that. Basically CrystalBlend is the Crystal Space port of GameBlender.

Greetings,
project2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 10:45:00 pm »

thanks, they don?t' have a about section but I gathered that it has features that make blender easier to use... Can you still build a level with blender for the normal crystal space, if so then I don't get the difference.  Can both handle higher level polygons?
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 07:05:29 am »

thanks, they don?t' have a about section but I gathered that it has features that make blender easier to use... Can you still build a level with blender for the normal crystal space, if so then I don't get the difference.  Can both handle higher level polygons?

Well the point of GameBlender and CrystalBlend is to make games without coding. You make the game in Blender using logic bricks. Of course you can also use Blender to make levels for normal Crystal Space games that you make in C++.

Greetings,
project2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 12:04:44 pm »

so basically with crystal blend you go through and make a ton of levels in a row, but in crystal space you can use c++ to program in things like a cutscean or a loading meader?
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 07:18:43 pm »

so basically with crystal blend you go through and make a ton of levels in a row, but in crystal space you can use c++ to program in things like a cutscean or a loading meader?

Um? Not sure I understand you now.

Greetings,
project2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 10:28:59 pm »

Ok what I meant to say is with Crystal blend you create a few levels in Blender and export them to Crystal blend and it plays straight though one to the other.

but, in normal Crystal Space you can program in things like a loading bar while the level is loading or a cut scene.

Is that right?
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 05:49:18 am »

Almost. It is a bit more then that. With normal Crystal Space you also have to code game logic and physics and things like that. With CrystalBlend that's done for you.

Greetings,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: