Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 09:34:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9020 Posts in 2053 Topics by 8569 Members
Latest Member: Embingos
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  General Crystal Space Discussion
| | |-+  CS in a custom window
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CS in a custom window  (Read 2334 times)
Liquidream

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2006, 03:53:42 pm »

Hi all,

I am considering using CS for a project of mine, but there are a few (advanced?) tweeks required in order for the project to work.  I would really appreciate any advice from CS users.  Bearing in mind that these tweeks are probably Win32 specific (which I don't mind, although I'm still kinda a newbie!)

Q1) With CS, can you open a window with "no border".  E.g. No title bar, no border, no maximise/minimise/close buttons, etc.?  I intend to make an application that fills the screen of the desktop (maximised, but NOT fullscreen).  If so, how or what parts need modifying, or can I do it without modifying the CS source?

Q2) If the above is do-able (and not a complete nightmare!), I would also like to intercept window events such as "Getting Focus" so that I can override them.  The Goal is essentially to have my application running immediately above the Windows desktop, but ALWAYS below any other windows/taskbar and keep it there.

(I'm basically wanting to make a replacement (3D) windows desktop using CS... if possible?)

Thanks in advance for any assistance/ideas to achieve this.
Daniel Fryer

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 11:25:17 pm »

To do this I suspect that you'd need to modify the win32-specific canvas plugin and maybe some of the other win32 specific code.  Do you know how to make a non-CS application do what you want to do?
Liquidream

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 08:47:01 am »

Thanks for the reply Daniel.

OK I figured I'd probably have to modify the source.  Unfortunately no, I don't know how to make a "non-CS application", is there a tutorial for this? 

The level I'm at is that I have compiled and run "Simple1", so still early days!  But I have done some Win32 coding before (like event handling and changing Window decorations), but it was a while ago.

Just to clarify: by "non-CS application", do you mean an application that doesn't rely on (inherit from) CS to do all the Window creation/canvas/events/etc setting up, but that you code it yourself?  Or do you mean something else?

Thanks again for your time!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: