Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 10:20:29 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9022 Posts in 2050 Topics by 9102 Members
Latest Member: Majazdab
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  General Crystal Space Discussion
| | |-+  hello im new here. and have some questions obviously right? lol any way hello
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: hello im new here. and have some questions obviously right? lol any way hello  (Read 1694 times)
orindoomhammer

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2006, 11:49:17 am »

Ok as I said im new here. I'm not sure where to begin i have a project i have been putting together for a while now im to the point where i need to decide what engine im going to use and well to be quite honest with you the engine im looking at is not bad i must say im impressed and dissapointed at the same time. Impressed that its as good as it is and dissapointed that i have no idea how to use it. You see im a graphics person i spend my free time modeling for fun and any free time I have ever thats what I do. I have gotten fairly good at what I do as well. any way is there a more simple virsion of this as im not a coder( big surpise there eh?lol)
any way what im trying to figure out is if some one has or can help me set the game engine foundation for what im trying to do
or point me to the right direction i.e. eather some one that is working on this type of game useing cs or to an engine already set up for this.

Im just makeing a small game that will play alot like legend of zelda occorina of time(sp) something that is more action packed though if thats possible. I want to keep npc interaction to a minumal but I want to tell the story threw the action and the direction that the game takes. The only thing the npc's will do is set you on some optional quests like find this or do that or even some of the quests that is requred to progress eather way i want more hack and slash in the quests then simply here take this to that person accross the game world and try to not get hurt or what ever. im up for a challange as much as the guy and will probly put a variaty of quests in the game so people acctualy enjoy it. Also i have played alot of mmorpg's and have decided to put some of the aspects of them in this. leveling up will be an absolute must with out a doubt. i dont want macros for complex crap but i do want to make a crafting table a small one but one that if the person playing isnt in a hack and slash mood they dont have too. they can just simply craft and sell the stuff to make some money.(this idea is still debatable for me its just something i like and im not sure i want to do it yet.) 

any way im not going to spell out the whole game right now as im not even sure this is the place for that. but im trying to get some answers to some of the questions and make clear some of the ideas that i plan on deploying here. any way thank you for reading my tired rambelings and i look forward to hearing any thing you guys have to say. its 3:46am here at the time of post so please forgive errors in grammer and spelling and what not. and deffinatly forgive the format.  any way thank you for your time.
xaint

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 02:32:38 pm »

Hi!
I am wannabe coder wink
and i want to say you: Its nice you have models, and you have some ideas about very basic gameplay, but there's SO much people who has the same..
One man, brave and helpful, who wrote and run Eternal lands MMORPG, also wrote very nice articles about developing MMORPG.
Its called Eternal Lands' MMORPG Postmortem: Mistakes and Lessons
and first part you find at
http://www.devmaster.net/articles/mmorpg-postmortem/part1.php

good material about beginning MORPG, called A Beginner's Guide to Creating a MMORPG from the same guy

http://www.devmaster.net/articles/building-mmorpg/

Read them. Maybe you will find helpful some advices from a professional creator of MMORPG.

And what is my recommendation?

Join existing beginning team. There are many beginning coder teams, who starts their own MMORPG. They are coders and looking for graphics guy. So why not to hang with and put your ideas together?

DOnt worry, there are GIANT amount of people, who is in similar situation. They are MMORPG players and they want to make MMORPG, their own and much better than any others...
Good luck, you will need it.

Xaint, xaint@seznam.cz
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: