Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 02:46:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9018 Posts in 2051 Topics by 8467 Members
Latest Member: Msalsercarl03
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Game Content Creation
| | |-+  Blender and mesh size
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Blender and mesh size  (Read 4062 times)
coppertop

View Profile Email
« on: March 05, 2006, 04:39:41 pm »

I'm using Blender to make the meshes - NPC, and maybe maps. Could someone tell me how to set the size of mesh? When I make a mesh in Blender there's no way to set it - the size is never permanent. There's no ruler in Blender, and every time I try to change the size of mesh it's always first set to 1.000 (I hope someone will be able understand what I said... Tongue). For example, when - in blender - I append a pistol object from a file into opened file with a police-man mesh, the pistol is much larger then police-man. And I wouldn't like it to be that way in the game Wink
So I figured out that there has to be way to set the size of mesh in map file, of in the C++ code, but I don't know how :/ Or maybe you have a way to set this using blender? Please help (if you know what I'm talking about Wink )... :/
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 05:57:23 pm »

Actually Blender HAS absolute size. The size you see when you scale an object is indeed relative and always starts with 1 but in Blender 2.4 you can enable to display the size of every edge with some option (don't remember which) and you can also ask the size of an object by checking transform properties.

Greetings,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: