Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 09:32:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9032 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9292 Members
Latest Member: Agaqkopa
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Project Development
| |-+  Development Discussion
| | |-+  Macintosh compatible?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Macintosh compatible?  (Read 6218 times)
Cyberpawz

View Profile Email
« on: March 11, 2006, 06:06:37 pm »

There is a game out there that is using the CS engine for multi platform games, which is fine, but I don't see any direct information stating that CS is Macintosh compliant (or programmable on a Mac) except on the main page as a whole...

Is there a way to work on CS on a Mac? Or is it PC/Linux only?
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 07:42:03 pm »

There is a game out there that is using the CS engine for multi platform games, which is fine, but I don't see any direct information stating that CS is Macintosh compliant (or programmable on a Mac) except on the main page as a whole...

CS works fine on MacOS/X (why don't you trust the main page on this? smiley

Greetings,
Cyberpawz

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 07:07:03 am »

CS works fine on MacOS/X (why don't you trust the main page on this? smiley

Greetings,

Because I'm not a programmer, and I don't want to give my programmers information I can't back up... not to mention I did a search through the forum and I never saw anything with the name or description of OSX, or Macintosh in any form, in this forum...

I'm willing to find out more information, and possibly help this community in the long run, but I don't want to have this project bite me on the bottom because the game engine out of the box isn't OS X complaint. That's all Smiley
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 08:33:45 am »

Check out the planeshift project that uses CS. They also release MacOS/X binaries.

Greetings,
Daniel Fryer

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 10:48:36 pm »

I can attest to the usual working of CS on Mac OS X 10.2-10.4, I think 10.1 is probably not really supported but that's ok, because it's old and bad anyway Wink

Currently I'm trying to get the sound driver working again, but in general all the essentials of CS work fine under OS X.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: