Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 09:14:47 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9018 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9099 Members
Latest Member: Basiahosa
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  World data query
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: World data query  (Read 1911 times)
jswalter9

View Profile Email
« on: March 16, 2006, 05:14:23 am »

Is there a convenient (and, more importantly, quick) way to query the "world" from the perspective of an AI actor? What data, and in what format, can be gathered?

Or is it up to the primary game engine to keep track of all that data and update Crystal Space?
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 08:24:48 am »

Is there a convenient (and, more importantly, quick) way to query the "world" from the perspective of an AI actor? What data, and in what format, can be gathered?

Or is it up to the primary game engine to keep track of all that data and update Crystal Space?

Well you can query the world and ask all geometry (in the form of triangle/polygon mesh data).

Greetings,
jswalter9

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 04:29:28 pm »

Thanks. I was hoping for an optimized line trace method, but I can create one. Smiley
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 09:49:10 am »

Thanks. I was hoping for an optimized line trace method, but I can create one. Smiley

Ah there is one. You didn't specifically ask for that. You can do iSector->HitBeam(). This is slightly slower (but still optimized) but it correctly handles animation for all objects. Otherwise you can do csColliderHelper::TraceBeam(). This one is faster but only works with the collision detection data (so no animation).

Greetings,
jswalter9

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 06:20:03 pm »

Sweet. I didn't think to look in the iSector class. Thanks. Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: