Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 01:37:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9018 Posts in 2051 Topics by 8498 Members
Latest Member: Travisware
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Python Plugin?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Python Plugin?  (Read 1602 times)
yoshi

View Profile WWW
« on: April 02, 2006, 08:50:20 am »

Hello, it's been a while; I'm using
Version of CS: Bleeding edge CVS as of March 27th, 2006
Version of winlibs: 20
Operating system: XP Pro
Compiler: MSVS 7.1
Video card: ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
Driver: Catalyst 6.2

Ok, I'm sorry if I'm asking a previously addressed question but I can't find enough on this to be 100% certain.

The documentation says that you can use python either from within C++ code by loading a script using the iScript interface, or from the outside by having a python script call on C++ code.

I would like to do the former, so I looked to the pysimp example.  However, it didn't work because the python plugin could not be found.  When I searched for posts on this forum relating to python, I found someone who seemed to have the same problem as me, and Mr. Eric Sunshine said that there was no csPython plugin project to be built.  I think that thread was dated late 2005.

So my question is... is there really no python plugin project to build (hence no python plugin)?  If this is the case, then how is one supposed to load and a run a script from within C++ code, as the documentation claims can be done?  Or am I understanding the documentation incorrectly?

Again, sorry if I missed a previous discussion on this.
Thanks,
 -Yoshi
Lunpa

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 08:11:48 pm »

I'm new to crystal space, but to my understaning of python, you can have C/++ call on it, and vice versa without plugins (other than python itself, depending on your definition of "plugin").
paganwarrior

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 07:29:30 am »

The MSVC8 solution file doesn't contains project files for python plugin and module,but he  MSVC71 solution have it. You can convert this to MSVC 8 solution easily, just open it and MSVC Express makes the conversion.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: