CEL AI Navigation
celNavigationTools it's part of celtool that makes a bunch of useful operations for navigation.
You need to choose Navigator - entity with pcmesh and tracked Target - vector, other entity or map mode.
Then information is returned to celNavigationInfo or choosed variables in blxml:
- bool success - if everything is ok, entity exists, target exist etc.
- bool visible - if target is visible
- float distance - distance between navigator and target
- vector3 angle - angle between navigator and target (note it's angle between point-point in worldspace, it omits direction vectors)
Simplest case : quite dumb car
- Determine track by placing nodes on the map. Name that objects for example "node1" "node2" etc. Usualy the best way to do this is making spline/bezier and automatically duplicate nodes on this.
- Make in your level loader creating trigger for every node.
- In every AI loop step (1/10s for example) set Navigator to car entity, and target to map node "node"+current_node_nr. This number should be increased after reaching node trigger.
- Now check what celNavigationInfo says. If distance is far than car can move fast.