Crystal Space, CEL and Ares are large projects that encompass a great many technologies and disciplines. As such, to develop them effectively, the projects are broken up into core elements i.e. libraries, plugins, test applications, documentation etc. Each of these require either a small or great amount of knowledge to develop and maintain them.
Below is a list of current mentors with their IRC nicknames in brackets. Each individual will add contact details and information on the areas they are able and willing to help people in.
Philip Wyett (philwyett)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org - (Please use 'CS Mentors' in the subject line of all emails).
As a member of the development team and release manager for Crystal Space and CEL, I am extremely busy most of the time. However, I am happy to be contacted generally regarding most things and the below subjects.
- CS and CEL planning - The BIG picture! :-)
- CS and CEL Project cycle, promotion and management.
- CS and CEL documentation. Coordinating the documentation effort to provide up to date and accurate information.
- CS and CEL packaging - Debian, Ubuntu and general GNU Linux.
Marten Svanfeldt (thebolt)
Christian Van Brussel
The Crystal Space, CEL and Ares projects are always looking for contributors small, large of any description. We especially need to expand the teams and of course it's mentors in all areas. Detailed below are the areas that would we really like to initially concentrate on.
- Documentation copy readers, writers and editors.
- Level and other 3D content developers.