|Take a look at the Free Game Alliance, it's a very interesting initiative started to promote open development and open source software. One of the projects, PlaneShift, uses Crystal Space, so we are indirectly part of the Alliance as well! The idea behind the initiative is to selects one project for each genre, example FPS, strategy, car racing, mmorpg, with the objective of focusing new developers on those projects and creating one best in class open source project in each category.|
The following games are currently present in the alliance:
- MegaGlest: A 3D real-time strategy (RTS) game,where you control the armies of one of seven different factions.
- PlaneShift: A Role Playing Game immersed into a 3D virtual fantasy world. PlaneShift is made by a group of RPG enthusiasts who decided to make the impossible: a mmorpg built from scratch!
- Rigs of Rods: Started as a physic engine, and then evolved in a playable game! What makes Rigs of Rods different to most simulators is its unique soft-body physics: vehicles, machines, objects, etc. are simulated in real-time as flexible soft-body objects.
- The Battle for Wesnoth: A turn-based tactical strategy game with a high fantasy theme. Build up a great army, gradually turning raw recruits into hardened veterans.
- Xonotic: a fast-paced first-person shooter providing addictive arena shooter gameplay which is all spawned and driven by the community itself.