Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 10:15:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8211 Members
Latest Member: Ola123zajac
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Project Development
| |-+  Development Discussion
| | |-+  Cheers. I'd like to help.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cheers. I'd like to help.  (Read 5429 times)
Brent Gunning

Email
« on: April 19, 2006, 08:48:58 pm »

Greetings everyone,

Several years ago I stumbled across Crystal Space and thought it showed excellent progress. Now a bit older and a better programmer, I would like to contribute to Crystal Space's development. I plan to apply for Google's Summer of Code. Typically my summers are spent interning at local businesses writing code, but if accepted into SoC, I could devote full workday to the Crystal Space team every day. Helping to develop a 3D engine would also be a much more interesting summer job and would better suit my career path as a video game developer anyway.

Without taking too much of your time, I would just like to say that I've actively worked on 2D and 3D game and simulation projects throughout the past six-ish years (Zheigenbuerg for example - see below), and I make a great effort to expand my skills daily. I'm going to be using the next few weeks to get familiar with the Crystal Space engine and its underlying code base.

So this post basically a chance for the developers to introduce themselves if they wish to. Thank you all. I look forward to getting to know the team ... don't worry, I'm friendly!

-Brent (brentgunning@gmail.com, aim: skittle brent)

PS: If anyone has any special recommendations for summer CS projects, please let me know!

Zheigenbuerg for GameDev.net's 4e4 Contest[/url]
skittle brent

skittle+brent
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 08:51:56 pm »

This is me logged in now.

---
Brent Gunning
res
Develazyoper
CS Developer

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 04:51:38 pm »

I suggest you sign up to the mailing list and join the IRC channel from time to time, as most developer chatter occurs there.
skittle brent

skittle+brent
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 12:28:23 am »

Thanks.

---
Brent Gunning
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: