Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 01:13:30 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8990 Posts in 2037 Topics by 7598 Members
Latest Member: Tarafigueroa
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  General Crystal Space Discussion
| | |-+  Help the noob of the noobs out of the ****!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Help the noob of the noobs out of the ****!  (Read 16444 times)
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2006, 07:37:50 am »

and this is the same on each file:
: fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windef.h': No such file or directory
Generating Code...

Hmm... Looks like the cswinlibs package was not correctly installed?

Greetings,
Frobbo
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2006, 04:46:50 pm »

Thanks, but i thought i really had installed the cswinlibs package right...
so now i made a diagram of my local station C (i hope that it helps something...like i dont have the maps on the right place or something )

C
              |                              ) (       |        ) (             |           ) (    |      ) (                     |
  Mapname                              ) ( Python24  ) ( tijdelijke map       ) ( home ) (       CrystalSpaceLibs
    |  |      |  |        |      |   |     ) (         |      ) ( |           |        |  ) (           ) (                    |
 cel  | CS  |   SDK   |      |   |     ) (  just the   ) ( | cvsnt_setup   |  ) (           ) ( the things that belong
       |       |  Common7  |   |     ) (  things      ) ( |                    |  ) (           ) (   in this map
       |      Xml            VC    |     ) ( that         ) ( Install              |  ) (           ) (
Microsoft                   MSDN      ) (  belong    ) (                       |  ) (           ) (
Visual                      Express      ) ( in the      ) (      wincvs_setup  ) (           
C++                         Library      ) (  python   ) (                           ) (
2005                                      ) (   map      ) (                           ) (
 Express                                 ) (                ) (
Edition –                                ) (
 ENU                                      ) (

(the whole diagram of the Mapname will come...)
Frobbo
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006, 03:38:13 pm »

Mapname
|               |                  |              |                |           |                               |                           |
cel        Common7         CS          SDK             VC          Xml                     Microsoft                  MSDN
|          /   |  \               |              |                |          /  |       \                 Visual C++           Express
|        /     |    \             |             v2.0           |        /    |         \               2005 Express        Library
| IDE Tools Packages      |             |                |1033 Schemas  Snippets     Edition –                  |
|                                 |              |                |    |            |        Index          ENU               1033
|                                 |              |                |  Snippets 1033                           |                                 
|                                 |     /    /         \    \    |                                  /      /       |        \          \           
|                                 |Bin Boot-     Docs Lib   |                    RebootStub Logs setup vcsetup DeleteTemp
| \   \  \   \  \   \  \  \   \ |     strapper                |                                                                 
mk, apps, CVS, data,      |                                  \
docs, include, libs,          |                                     \
msvc, plugins, scripts      |                                        \
                                  |                                           \
                       / / / / / | \ \ \ \ \                                  \
                  /  /  /  /  /  |  \  \  \  \  \                               \
        /    /    /    /    /    |    \    \    \    \    \                       \
apps bin CVS data docs include libs mk out plugins                |   
                   scripts                                                         |
                                                                        / / / / / / / | \ \ \ \ \
                                                                  bin Express include lib profile VCNewItems
                                                      vcpackages VCprojectsDefaults vcprojectitems vcprojects
                                                    VCwizards vcvarsall
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 09:13:02 am »

I can't see where you installed the cswinlibs package. Where did you put that?

Greetings,
Frobbo
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2006, 03:12:14 pm »

sorry that i didnt make that clear in the diagram, but the CrystalSpaceLibs (upper diagram on the right) is the map you get when you install the cswinlibs package
Frobbo
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2006, 07:49:08 pm »

but were do I have to install it then?
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2006, 08:17:51 pm »

Carefully read the manual in CS about how to install CS. There is a specific note that you should read:

Platform SDK - required for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition

All supported versions of Microsoft Visual C++ ship with a version of the Platform SDK that suffices to compile Crystal Space, except the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition, which requires a seperate setup of the Platform SDK. Follow these instructions exactly to set up the PSDK:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/usingpsdk/

I'm guessing you didn't do that part.

Greetings,
Frobbo
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2006, 01:40:23 pm »

yes, you were right about that i didnt do that... (and thanks again for your reply)
so i've installed the SDK pakkage, and now im with step 5: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/usingpsdk/
and i follow that step and go to the \VC\VCWizards\AppWiz\Generic\Application\html\1033\ map. and then there are 2 internet files: AppSetting and default; i click on the AppSetting but then i have to chose the setting for the things i have to do with it, but i dont know what Crystal Space exactly need... so which settings i have to chose?
Frobbo
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2006, 07:01:23 pm »

i can choose from this settings:

application type:
-windows application
-console application
-DLL
-Static Library

applicational options:
Empty project
Export Symbols
Precompiled header

add common header files for:
ATL
MFC

so does Crystal Space need some things of these options, and if Crystal Space doesnt has anything to do with these options i just going to chose the windows application and click all the things of applicational options on, and the two of the common header files.
Almos

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2006, 07:45:13 am »

These "options" are called "application templates" - they're "skeletons" for the most typical applications you can create with VC++. It's quite safe to start your CS application as either console application or an empty project, just make sure you set all the required dependencies.

I'm new to programming and I am making an MMORPG!
snnicko

Pyromaniacal Psychopath

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2006, 11:42:50 am »

You need to right click this file and select edit, then follow the instructions to comment out lined 441 yo 444
Frobbo
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2006, 07:01:46 pm »

thanks Almos and Snnicko for your replies, but when i now fill in the options and click on finish it says theres a error on the page...
what can i do now.....?   :\
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: