Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 01:53:06 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9010 Posts in 2044 Topics by 8780 Members
Latest Member: Robertt56
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Game Content Creation
| | |-+  b2cs splatter shader?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: b2cs splatter shader?  (Read 2863 times)
p00f

Email
« on: May 17, 2006, 06:38:16 am »

Hi all!

I have been trying to make heads or tails of the splatter shader for the terrains.

Could someone please explain how to set this thing up in the CVS blend2Crystalspace plugin ?

Thanks in advance Smiley
p00f

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 04:29:35 pm »

OK

I have had to try hacking away at it...

I found a paragraph of precious doccumentation that has aided me...

I am going to share so others dont have to spend as much time as I have hacking away at it.

First off there is a smal,small scrap of information HERE:

http://b2cs.delcorp.org/index.php/Object_Type_Reference#terrain
there is a .blend file you can download which is pretty useless without documentation explaining what is happening.

ok
so here is how I got 1 texture to tile on the terrain .

add and scale a grid to the scene... make it the default 32x32, and add a few defomations (just move up and down on the Z axis)

put it in the UV edit mode (F key) and aelect all faces... in the UV layout window press, image. open, and open your terrain texture..

Now the important part:

you dont need the default 256 resolution, set the terrain resolution to 32 like your grid. this will save lots of export time.

Select the terrain, and  in the b2cs exporter change the terrain lighting to Fixed.

set the render loop in the scene tab to Terrain Fixed

Tweak the Paths in your b2cs exporter to your CS folder (get ready to do this over, and over and over. it dosent save the path, so you must do this everytime you open the .blend file)

either set up the space handler script, or just run ....

the texture should appear on the terrain, tileing 1 time per face!!!

Ok, now you can set the shader scale in the exporter to tweak the tileing...

Good luck!!

Things that have not worked fo me:

setting some faces to be UV mapped on other texture. the Demo example works but not mine.

painting vertex colors on the terrain.... this does nothing for me except add colors.

Well hopefully this helps someone else.

I have  spent (wasted)  3 days hacking away at it... hope some day i can get more than 1 texture to appear on the terrain.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: