Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 12:10:28 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9026 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9147 Members
Latest Member: Nikitaen
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  How do I install crystal space to windows, to use with Visual Express 2008 C++
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How do I install crystal space to windows, to use with Visual Express 2008 C++  (Read 3511 times)
Murray

View Profile Email
« on: May 09, 2009, 03:57:01 pm »

Hi,

I'm currently having trouble getting crystal space to work on my computer. I've followed the following document closely, but It still doesn't seem to work.

http://www.crystalspace3d.org/docs/online/manual-1.2/MSVC7.html#0

I'm using the 2008 edition of Visual Express C++, and after following the instructions on that document and compiling wkstypical.sln, I find that there were 2 successes, and 148 or so failures.

The build mentions something about not being able to access zlib, even after I've installed it.

I feel like I'm over complicating this somehow, could someone possibly simplify it for me?

EDIT: Just compiled it then, seems the two most common errors are these;

"option 'Wp64' has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release"

and

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'zlib.h': No such file or directory

Thanks, Murray
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 04:54:17 pm by Murray » Logged
Murray

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 01:08:01 pm »

SFDP

Fixed the problem. I hadn't installed the platform for Visual, plus in a few places i did't follow the instructions correctly, my bad.

Looking forward to cracking on with these tuts, shame there ain't an active community or anything. Something that's always helpful when learning something new.

Murray
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 02:05:08 pm by Murray » Logged
Vincent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 10:03:16 pm »

Looking forward to cracking on with these tuts, shame there ain't an active community or anything. Something that's always helpful when learning something new.

It's true this forum is not so much visited by long-time CS users, you'd have had much more luck on IRC or the mailing list...
Jing

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 04:47:55 pm »

SFDP

Fixed the problem. I hadn't installed the platform for Visual, plus in a few places i did't follow the instructions correctly, my bad.

Murray

Hello, what exactly is SFDP?

I am also having the same problem as you earlier, where it gives 2 Success but 148 failed

Using Microsoft Visual Express 2008 C++ also ^^

So please, if you would enlighten me on your method to work it, I would be grateful.
Jing

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 12:42:53 am »

So I have gone from 2 succeeds 158 failed
to 136 succeeds 22 failed

i recently installed Microsoft SDK 2008, had my compiler directories point to the \include, and \Libs folder
zlib.lib, zlib.h, zconf.h

- Version of CS 1.2.1
- Version of winlibs package CS-win32libs
- Operating system, Windows XP
- Compiler, Microsoft Visual Express C++ 2008
- Video card, nVidia 8800GT
- Driver, Huh

Link to my build loghttp://www.filefactory.com/file/ag40480/n/Build_started_Project_libcrystalspaceConfiguration_Debug_Win32_txt
res
Develazyoper
CS Developer

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 12:23:13 pm »

cs-win32libs was not installed correctly.

Reinstall and:
- Carefully read all prompts presented. Make sure you give the right CS source directory.
- Make sure "VC support" is installed and run at the end.

No further manual intervention (changing include or directories or such) should be needed.

-f.r.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: