Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 11:02:15 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9032 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9290 Members
Latest Member: Kasiazbez
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Project Development
| |-+  Google Summer of Code
| | |-+  AI, Path Finding
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: AI, Path Finding  (Read 4725 times)
DDd

View Profile Email
« on: March 18, 2008, 01:45:01 am »

Hello,

I have looked at your GSOC 08 project page, and i am very interested in AI programming. I would like to know what needs to be done in terms of:

# AI - A possible project would be to work on artificial intelligence property classes for semi-intelligent behaviour of NPC's.
# Path finding - We need good support for path finding for creatures. There is already an old path finding property class but it is outdated and needs to be rewritten from scratch.

I was on the IRC channel, and Xordan told me (dannyBlue) that the page is outdated and that another developer has done some work in these areas. I would like to know what is left to be done and if there is a need for further development.

I would like to know what are the requirements for this project. What experience should a student have?

I have done all the basic, Algorithm Analysis, Compiler, AI classes and all that stuff in my CompSci undergraduate course. I am a decent programmer (above average/ fast learner), and lately i have taken interest in AI programming.

I would like to do a project, but it has to be feasible within the four month time line and within my skill set, (there is nothing worse than applying for a job you know you can't do... well maybe actually getting it would be worse Wink )

It would be interesting to read some of the mentors ideas, regarding some feasible projects, and if possible apply to participate in one of them. I wish all the best to the participants! - In the hopes that i will be among them.

I will be around the IRC channel tomorrow, to further discuss this topic. I am also interested in any Apricot related development, but i leave that for IRC chat.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 02:27:13 am by DDd » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: