Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2014, 11:07:01 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9026 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9160 Members
Latest Member: Bradburke
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Need help starting and understanding manual
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Need help starting and understanding manual  (Read 12815 times)
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 05:13:09 am »

Okay, bad news, that didn't work,    do you think that i might need to try downgrading to a less recent MinGW?

No that should be fine. Can you tell me exactly how you installed mingw and msys? You installed the full mingw package?

Greetings,
love_child

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2006, 04:19:57 am »

I installed the minimal MinGW because I have dial up and I would not be able to download the full for that reason.  Also, i installed the msys llike i was supposed to, or i think as i was supposed to.  You know, it has the DOS black screen with a few question and you have to input your answers.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2006, 06:17:09 am »

I installed the minimal MinGW because I have dial up and I would not be able to download the full for that reason.  Also, i installed the msys llike i was supposed to, or i think as i was supposed to.  You know, it has the DOS black screen with a few question and you have to input your answers.

Well Minimal MingW doesn't work. You really need the full mingw I'm afraid.

Greetings,
love_child

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2006, 05:51:29 am »

My internet would stop before it would all download, maybe i should try a different engine.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2006, 07:26:03 am »

Well with another engine you will probably also need a compiler. So I don't think that will solve the problem.

Greetings,
love_child

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2006, 06:12:59 pm »

So basically, I can't win?
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2006, 06:16:43 pm »

So basically, I can't win?

Well you need a compiler. Perhaps try to download mingw again. At some point it may work.

Greetings,
love_child

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2006, 04:01:38 am »

If it doesn't work the first time, how would it work a secound time?  It's like the phrase someone once said,     "if at first you don't succeed, quit stupid."  So I would just try to raise up a bunch of money and but a game engine that I could atleast be able to start.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2006, 04:35:59 am »

Well even if you buy a game engine that is fully precompiled so you don't need to compile it you STILL need a C++ compiler to compile your own sources that you use together with that game engine. One other option that you have is to buy the C++ compiler instead (i.e. buy Microsoft Visual C++). Crystal Space compiles with that.

Anyway, how did you manage to download Crystal Space if you can't download MingW?

Greetings,
love_child

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2006, 01:20:57 am »

The crystal space download is a lot smaller then the download for MingW.  And for the Microsoft Visual C++ thing, I was able to download the main part of the express edition but then i figured out that I had to download another thing for the Microsoft to make it work and the download for that is huge, about 200 or something like that Mega Bites.
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2006, 05:22:04 am »

Yes, but you can also buy Visual C++ in a computer shop.

Greetings,
retro world

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2009, 05:08:33 pm »

i used blender GameEngine no compiler needed for that and you can do lots of things (model, animate, and easy gameengine) BTW this thread helped me alot i didnt know you need the full MinGW instead of minimal am trying it now to see if it works thanks
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: