Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 10:36:47 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9018 Posts in 2051 Topics by 8471 Members
Latest Member: Jeffhogan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Associate Projects
| |-+  CEL Discussion
| | |-+  Can't compile cel, Errors related to CRYSTAL variable and libcrystalspace_d.lib
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Can't compile cel, Errors related to CRYSTAL variable and libcrystalspace_d.lib  (Read 3710 times)
Ghostyness

View Profile Email
« on: August 26, 2006, 07:01:01 am »

I just freshly compiled Crystalspace3D from svn, then got CEL off the SVN.  I launched the wkscel sln, added the directories C:\Crystalspace3D\include and C:\Crystalspace3d\out\debug8\.  I have no release 8, I compiled crystal space using the wkstypical.sln after installing win32 binaries.  My exact errors are (they repeat for every file, I chose a random one from the linker):

43>Linking...
43>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libcrystalspace_d.lib'
43>Project : warning PRJ0018 : The following environment variables were not found:
43>$(CRYSTAL)
43>Build log was saved at "file://c:\CrystalSpace3D\cel\out\debug8\build\apphovertest\BuildLog.htm"
43>apphovertest - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I'm on msvc 2005 express with the psdk installed.  I'm a ex Ogre3D user, but wanted to come to a full game engine instead of just 3d engine.  All my crystal space demos work.  I read the documentation, and followed it as closely as I could (for writing external msvc applications) and I'm still getting this error.  I don't know where to set the environment variable, so that's one issue then I'm not sure why it cannot oppen the libcrystalspace_d.lib. 

P.S.: I have my cel dir in C:\Crystalspace3D\cel
Any help is appreciated,
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 07:11:39 am »

You have to change the CRYSTAL environment variable so that it points to where you compiled CS.

Greetings,
Ghostyness

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 05:05:24 pm »

Alright.  Also, is it of concern that I have no release8 folder?
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 07:47:39 am »

If you build debug then you will not have a release8 folder. That's no problem.

Greetings,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: