Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 23, 2014, 03:19:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9032 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9306 Members
Latest Member: Marjoriechapp
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Distortion of cal3d animations
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Distortion of cal3d animations  (Read 1302 times)
rvhaasen

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2006, 10:56:51 am »

i'm trying to convert a set of animated character models (3dsmax) to be used with CS.

The exported models look ok when viewed with the cal3d viewer (part of the cal3d project).
So at this point I conclude that the cal3d files (model.cmf .model.csf and model.caf) are ok.

However, when the models are viewed with the CS meshview.exe application, the model looks fine in first instance (after
starting meshview). When the animation is selected and started however, the animation "distorts the mesh".

I found that this has to do by the fact that the mesh object (as seen in 3dsmax) is made op of several "elements".
So there is an element within the "mesh object" for the left arm, right arm, head etc.

When i compare it to the cally model (which is animated corectly with meshview) the difference is that the cally model consists of
a separate mesh object (and separate mesh file) for each part of the body, my model has only 1 mesh-file.

I understand that by defining the object as several meshes gives the flexibility to change the material of a part of the model.
My models are defined with 1 material for the complete mesh, so  it "should be possible" to specify only 1 mesh, 1 material,
1 skeleton file. The cal3d viewer handles it corectly. So i wonder if this "restriction" of CS has a specific reason or if it is a bug...

This has nothing to do with 3dsmax, because the exported files are correcty animated with the cal3d viewer...

Does anyone has an idea how i could use these cal3d models from CS?

btw: i had the same results with the pseudo-static release as with a recent svn snapshop version.
My platform is WinXP
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: