Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 06:41:08 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9005 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8334 Members
Latest Member: Jacobrosa
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Loading plugins that are embedded instead of being a file ending with .csplugin
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Loading plugins that are embedded instead of being a file ending with .csplugin  (Read 1576 times)

View Profile Email
« on: June 22, 2007, 06:08:46 am »

Dear Crystal Space Community,
  I'm new to Crystal Space and I'm running it on a Debian Linux OS. I compiled the Simple1 game(my rewrite actually, but basically identical) with metadata embedded; the compilation worked perfectly.  When creating my project I set my project to non-GPL compatible so that there was no fallback if my ELF reader couldn't parse the shared libraries that hold the plugins.  The Crystal Space config.log says that ELF.h is present and working, and the config.log for Simple1 application also finds ELF.h, but when I start the executable it fails with this an error message like,
  error in usr/lib/libpthread.so: error parsing metadata for //This is not exact code,
  usr/lib/libpthread.csplugin: not an ELF file //please tell me if you need the exact error messages.
It also has a similiar error,but with libc.so.  After both those errors it has one last error explaining that it attempted to load the plugin crystalspace.graphics3D.opengl , but it failed and says that there is no 3D driver.  That's it.  Now, why does it say "error parsing metadata for a .csplugin file when I supposedly embedded those into the shared libraries.  Is it saying that it pulled the libpthread.csplugin file out of the libpthread.so?  That would all make sense, but why does it want the metadata (.csplugin file) to be an ELF file.  From what I seen, an unembedded .csplugin file is an XML file.  I thought maybe I need to upgrade my ELF reader; maybe the upgraded version could read
XML files, or I thought that I could make my project GPL compatible, to see if the fallback plan would work. 
I'm interested in commercial use of Crystal Space 3D though, so I would like to be able to embed the plugin data.  Please help, I'm only on the Simple tutorial, but I still want to see it!
                                                                                                               Interested newbie,
                                                                                                                               Zellekrie
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: