Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 01:49:03 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9032 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9288 Members
Latest Member: Lorrainewhite
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  problems with ceguitest
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: problems with ceguitest  (Read 4867 times)
raq77

View Profile Email
« on: July 28, 2007, 06:59:22 pm »

Hello, I have installed and compiled crystal space and I use: windows XP, AGP 9250, microsoft visual studio .net 2003, crsytalspace-src-1.0.1, cs-winlibs-1.0_001. I'm having problems with some demos of crystal space, in particular with ceguitest, viewmesh nad others. When I execute them appears a window with  the follow message: Microsoft visual C++ Runtime Library  Runtime error!

I have download and installed CEGUI-SDK-0.5.0b-vc71, but nothing has changed. Somebody can help me, please, I'm desperate.

Greetings.
raq77

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 06:48:19 pm »

nobody has had the same problem or can help me? Please.

Thanks.
Gladius_Coldhead

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 05:29:41 am »

Yes, I...

Please , paste your config.log, maybe I can help you xD
Panch

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 10:32:13 pm »

From my experience, the cegui library files only work with the release libraries of CS (v1.0 anyways). If you compiled 'Release' versions 1st and then recompiled the CS main project as 'Debug' these app's will fail to run. Or if you haven't compiled the 'Release' version at all they will fail to run. Make sure that the version of CS you built most recently was the release version and you should be ok.

raq77

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 04:16:25 pm »

Sorry, but I don't understand to you. What's config.log?

Greetings.
raq77

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 12:00:16 pm »

Hello, I have been waiting your answer, but nobody responds to me. I have read all the manuals, I have tried to compile of all the forms, but I continue having the same problem: when I run ceguitest, viewmesh and others happens the same error: runtime error.

I compiled in Debug version and Release version (in this order) but don't work.

Gladius_Coldhead??? Gladius you said to me that you could help me. You can?

Thanks.
erluk

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 08:53:14 pm »

I had the same problem, but with VS 2005 instead of VS 2003. Installing the current service pack fixed the error. It was caused by the CEGUI dll not finding the debug runtime dll.

Try installing the latest service pack for VS (if there is one). If that doesn't help, please provide more information about the error:
- The exact error message
- What is Visual Studio's output if you run the program from there?
- Are there any relevant errors in XP's "system" error log?
Gladius_Coldhead

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 05:22:21 am »

Well, I use Mingw.

I had a strange problem.
Look: cs-winlibs-1.0_001 create some directories:

..CrystalSpaceLibs\common\includes    (directory with common includes)
    ..CrystalSpaceLibs\common\lib            (directory with common libs)
    ..CrystalSpaceLibs\mingw\includes       (directory with mingw includes)
    ..CrystalSpaceLibs\mingw\lib               (directory with mingw libs)

The directories seems to be right but the configuration file search some libs(and includes) in a wrong directory.
Look:
(example)
[...]
cs_cv_libpng_libs='c:/Cs/CrystalSpaceLibs/mingw/mingw/lib/libpng.lib
[...] conftest.c c:/Cs/CrystalSpaceLibs/common/common/lib/ogg.lib   

And how I fix this problem?Just creating new directories.
example:
      ..CrystalSpaceLibs\common\common\includes
      ..CrystalSpaceLibs\common\common\lib
      [...]
This was my problem, but I never used Visual Studio, perhaps this can be your problem(or not) =|

Well, Good Luck xD
raq77

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 09:56:29 pm »

Nothing.  I don't know what to do. I installed service pack for visual studio .NET 2003 and the error happen again:
"Runtime error!
Program:
This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information."

This error happens when I make click double on the ceguitest executable (in directory C:/CS).

Perhaps this does not help too much.

Greetings.

raq77

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 09:14:33 am »

Hi, I have solved the error, but now I obtain another error: ceguitest.exe abnormal program ternination. I think that my problem is that I haven't installed the external libraries of cegui correctly. I have try follow de manual: http://www.crystalspace3d.org/docs/online/manual/External-Libraries.php#0, but isn't enought for me. Somebody can say me step by step, how I must do it: what version of cegui I must download, where I must unzip this file (I have installed crystal space in C:/CS) and I must add some environment variable on my windows XP?

Thank you very much in advance.

Raquel.
erluk

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 06:47:32 pm »

You should only need to install the cs-winlibs package that corresponds to your version of the CS source code.

Maybe try running ceguitest from inside your IDE to find out where it crashes exactly.
raq77

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 01:00:06 pm »

Thanks Erluk to respond to me. I have begun again: I have installed windows xp service pack 2, visual studio .NET 2003, crystalspace-src-1.0.2 and cs-win32libs-1.0_001. I have compiled crystal space in debug and release mode and it doesn't work. I have tried  running ceguitest from inside visual studio and I have gotten this error:   "The procedure entry point __iob_func could not be located in the dynamic link library MSVCR70.dll."     
and I get a pointer in line: new CEGUI::System(this) in file ceguirenderer.cpp.

In my own project I get the same error, and I get a message in the window: Could not load plugin 'crystalspace.cegui.wrapper' .....LoadLibraryEx<C:\CS\cscegui.dll> error 127....I have looked in the CCS and cscegui.dll exists.

Thanks in advance. Raquel.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 05:18:44 pm by raq77 » Logged
raq77

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 05:40:34 pm »

It works!!! I have found the solution. There are at least 2 versions of the msvcr70.dll file out there. I downloaded a more recent version, and no more error messages. This is the link  http://www.bang.ro/dll/msvcr70.dll.htm.

If somebody has my same problem I hope that this helps.

Greetings. Raquel.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: