Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 11:32:34 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9012 Posts in 2050 Topics by 8331 Members
Latest Member: Donasand
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Game Content Creation
| | |-+  Some problems about using 3ds max to export CS!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Some problems about using 3ds max to export CS!  (Read 3524 times)

View Profile Email
« on: September 09, 2007, 10:52:48 am »

Hi, all.
     I'm very new in CS. And when I  use 3ds max to export CS, I meet a lot of problems. I hope you can give me some suggestion to solve these problem!
     (1) After I open 3ds max, and using the menus of "planeshift" for the first time. It reports that " Compile error: Can't find include file:  sanityCheck.ms"
     (2) When I use rectangle to build walls but when I use "planeshift"to export to CS, It reports that" Runtime error: Mesh operation on non-mesh: rectangle". And when I try other tool , It give the same report. Such as Runtime error: Mesh operation on non-mesh: box or Runtime error: Mesh operation on non-mesh: teapot.

please, please to give me suggestion!!   Thank you very much!!
       I am looking forward your reversion!!!

Kriss

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 04:09:20 pm »

Problem #2 is simple.
The object you're trying to export is not a mesh, and you need to:
1.)Add "Edit Mesh" modifier.
OR
2.)Convert to "Editable Mesh"

Problem #1:
looks like sanityCheck.ms file (it comes with exporter) is missing, you have installed service pack for 3ds 5.1, or something else so your version of 3ds just refuses to execute *.MS files from directories other than .\scripts\
I'd suggest you to try and copy this file from .\UI\Mcaroscripts\ directory of your 3ds max to .\scripts\

I remember I also posted my version of exporter here, but that was long time ago. And probably I corrected this behavior there. Can't remember though...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 04:17:32 pm by Kriss » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: