Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 09:41:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9009 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8358 Members
Latest Member: Rodgerkline
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  General Crystal Space Discussion
| | |-+  Stupid question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Stupid question  (Read 3088 times)
tripdragon

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2005, 02:24:11 pm »

I want to use CS badly, but i am in the boat of wanbe no time though coders...
Anyways I want to use CS for a different purpose. I want be able to make a scene and render out some basic animation from it. Basicly I want to use it as a render engine instead of making games

Are there any tools that can build scenes visually or just some basic prebuilt  drop in "modules" of code that place pbjects and shaders around Huh
Errr something like that
deckerego

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 03:14:01 pm »

It would probably be better to use Povray or Blender if you just want to render/animate sequences. CS is better utilized for real-time modeling - Blender or Povray would be better for doing direct rendering of sequences.
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 12:55:29 am »

errr but my mission is to use normal maps and light data from real time to render out details. In my honest idea, if normal maps and lighting is real well done and shaders are used to great effect renders Even if they are slower than real time 30/fps like 2/fps then I am happy. But the detail is there so it is useful... Major!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: