Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 23, 2014, 04:12:17 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9032 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9306 Members
Latest Member: Marjoriechapp
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  which IDE for mingw32 do you prefer?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: which IDE for mingw32 do you prefer?  (Read 4915 times)
butelo

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2004, 09:25:01 pm »

I´ve come from MSV6 and i want to migrate for a free compiler, mingw32 and of course I need an IDE cos i´m not much comfortable with command line of MSYS, which IDE you use? If you use any, of course
I love this site. A CS community It´s a great idea.
I hope I´ll stay here for a long time and of course I´ll contribute to the community If I can.
Smiley
Keen
Webmaster
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 11:51:24 pm »

Well of course, there is that popular one:
Dev-C++. Personally I don't like it too much, but it's got a simple IDE and it gets the job done.

MinGW Studio. This one is very similar to Microsofts VC6, and you might want to look at it. It's slightly harder to use, but in my opinion it is much better than Dev-C++.  Also, it's not as popular as MSVC so I don't think Crystal Space has a project file for it (as with many other projects. It does work with makefiles to an extent so you could play around with that.

Of course, you shouldn't take my opinion for granted, take a look at both of them, and see which one suits you.

Keen

Stop emailing me with scary CS questions! Direct your emails to jorrit or thebolt!

For Crystal Space Tutorials, articles and other stuff, visit community.crystalspace3d.org
dirkk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 07:38:52 pm »

Here is a quick start into the MingW world.

[EDIT] corrected the link to the new forum.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: