Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 12:25:11 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9010 Posts in 2044 Topics by 8765 Members
Latest Member: Damianwwnarta
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Game Content Creation
| | |-+  smooth bumbmapping
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: smooth bumbmapping  (Read 12148 times)
SkyFox

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 08:40:18 am »

Is that a link to some kind of program?

I tested blender's internal normal mapping, the new version, and it worked correctly, but I ran into problems using it in crystal space.

What kind of shader did you use then? Note that not every technique called bumbmapping, is normal mapping. According to wiki, normal mapping is one of many forms of bumbmapping.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 10:35:05 am by SkyFox » Logged
bookeater2

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 04:50:23 pm »

Blender 2.45 has normal map baking, but only the development version version is  suitable for game related baking.

some of Crystal space's shaders are normal map shaders, even if they call them  somthing else, because they support normal maps. light_spec_bump and parallax work but I have errors with objects with seams.
SkyFox

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 06:33:56 pm »

I beleieve I don't get it anymore. According to wikipedia, normal mapping replaces all the normals with the normals frokm the normal texture. So that would mean I'd need an object space/camera space normal texture. But these bumbmap shaders give misshaped results when using such normal textures on them. But according to you, these shaders are normal mapping shaders. So what kind of normal textures do I need for them, tangetial or object space?
bookeater2

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2008, 07:43:01 pm »

I have read that any object that animates or rotates needs the tangent space one. I tested my normal maps in the blender game engine from inside blender too, that may be a good place to test for now.
SkyFox

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2008, 08:22:55 pm »

Yeah, but blender doesn't generate tangential space normal maps yet. They say they're working on it tough. I hope it's gonnna work good.
bookeater2

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2008, 04:21:39 pm »

The link I gave you is the version they are working on. It does do it, and more than that it has object to object baking, ie high to low res. It has an occasional crash etc and other problems because it is not an official release.
SkyFox

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2008, 04:51:17 pm »

I'm sure they'll solve that problem.

Just one thing, you gave me a link. Could you tell me the name that the file has on that page? Because it contains a large list of files.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: