Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 04:27:00 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9032 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9288 Members
Latest Member: Lorrainewhite
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  CS on Cygwin: castle map in crystalspace-src-1.2.zip, missing texture files?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CS on Cygwin: castle map in crystalspace-src-1.2.zip, missing texture files?  (Read 1921 times)
Sebo63
« on: April 05, 2008, 06:40:29 pm »

Hi everybody
I started the enterprise to compile the 1.2 source release with Cygwin (CYGWIN_NT 5.1, 1.5.25) with gcc 3.4.4 and the auxiliary library cs-win32libs-1.2_002.exe. Compilation went fine, only a couple of warnings about uninitialized variables. However no chance to make walktest run. It starts fine, but whenever something is missing (e.g. FreeFont server) it will go into a tight endless loop, gobbling up one entire core of my dual core box. OK, this is a glitch in cygwin.dll, I figured out that much. I fixed the FreeFont issue by deconfiguring it. But now, I realized that all the texture files referenced in the world file of the castle map are missing in the distribution.
I have two questions: 1. Where can I get a full castle map (preferably a zip ;- ) ?
                             2.  Am I the only one having these endless loops with Cygwin and walktest?
I'm close to giving up on this, even though it was a nice refresh on C++ and gdb, which I didn't use for almost 15 years (In my day time job, I'm a Java/J2EE guy)

Thanx for any help and best regards
Serge
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 05:45:37 am »

The textures are included with CS. You can find them in data/castle-tex.zip
The castle map should find them out of the box.

Greetings,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: