Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 01:20:33 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9018 Posts in 2051 Topics by 8483 Members
Latest Member: Arianagrand5
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Associate Projects
| |-+  CEL Discussion
| | |-+  CEL cameramodes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CEL cameramodes  (Read 3602 times)
Newton64

View Profile Email
« on: August 24, 2008, 11:43:29 pm »

Hi,

I'm trying to choose a default camera mode for my player character, and according to this page, I have a number of options:

freelook, firstperson, thirdperson, m64_thirdperson, lara_thirdperson.

The first three seem fairly common-sense, and I'm guessing the latter two are for Mario 64 and Lara/Tomb Raider. However, is there a doc page that breaks down exactly how they all differ, what functions are allowable on which modes, etc? I haven't found anything yet, and it seems like this would be important information to put in the docs.

Thanks,
-nick
Newton64

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 02:01:48 am »

Sorry to spam the boards, but I figure healthy discussion is a good thing Wink

I settled (for now) on using freelook for my player character. I'm using iPcCommandInput to bind mouse move events to camera rotation and I noticed a small oddity: if I bind "MouseX" to my camera rotation behaviour, I can still see the mouse cursor on screen; if I bind "MouseX_centered" instead, I lose the cursor once I move it into the game window.

Basically, I want the player to be able to hold the left mouse button to rotate the camera, and also use the right mouse button for clicking on objects in the game. "MouseX" keeps the cursor, but the camera movement is very jerky; "MouseX_Centered" has good camera movement, but I can't see the cursor for clicking.

• Is there any reason I can't see the mouse with "MouseX_Centered"?
  • I suppose I could just use "MouseX" and keep track of movements myself; however, using _centered gives a nice solution automatically, I wouldn't want to miss out on that.
  • I could also just draw my own cursor at the mouse's position. Would this be done using a billboard?

Thanks.
Vincent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 07:39:25 pm »

I could also just draw my own cursor at the mouse's position. Would this be done using a billboard?

I guess that would be the simplest solution (with a billboard at screen center, yes).
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: