Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 03:40:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9018 Posts in 2051 Topics by 8504 Members
Latest Member: Colleencoffey
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  why I can't run the CEL example "nettest"?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: why I can't run the CEL example "nettest"?  (Read 7225 times)
jorrit
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 10:57:43 am »

Yes, why not? You'll have to code it using whatever network library that you plan on using (like RakNet).

Greetings,

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2008, 11:04:11 am »

O, I know, maybe i think about it too complicated. Now I know what i should do!

Thank you, Thank you so much!!!!
rvhaasen

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 11:20:27 am »

I would also suggest not to use nettest.
There at least a few issues that are not solved.
About 2 years ago i contacted the guy who wrote this part of the code. He mentioned that there are indeed issues, but that he doesn't work on it anymore.
So i think there isn't anyone working on this plugin anymore.
This was enough reason for me to look for an alternative.
I started with torquenet, but had problems with combining it with the CS libraries.
Then i tried RakNet, which turns out to works fine.
I would suggest to download the code, study the examples and use it for your CS-application.
I would not use HawNL: although it abstracts the "core" network communication, the level of abstraction is too low. RakNet does "object-synchronisation" out of the box.
So basicaly you define classes that contain the state of the objects to be shared (like position, orienation etc) and connect these to your CS objects, like the Actor. Raknet will take care of synchronising the updates of the state to all objects on the network...
In case you are working on a commercial product, the licence fee for using RakNet is quite low
(btw, i do not work for RakNet wink

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 07:57:42 am »

I would also suggest not to use nettest.
There at least a few issues that are not solved.
About 2 years ago i contacted the guy who wrote this part of the code. He mentioned that there are indeed issues, but that he doesn't work on it anymore.
So i think there isn't anyone working on this plugin anymore.
This was enough reason for me to look for an alternative.
I started with torquenet, but had problems with combining it with the CS libraries.
Then i tried RakNet, which turns out to works fine.
I would suggest to download the code, study the examples and use it for your CS-application.
I would not use HawNL: although it abstracts the "core" network communication, the level of abstraction is too low. RakNet does "object-synchronisation" out of the box.
So basicaly you define classes that contain the state of the objects to be shared (like position, orienation etc) and connect these to your CS objects, like the Actor. Raknet will take care of synchronising the updates of the state to all objects on the network...
In case you are working on a commercial product, the licence fee for using RakNet is quite low
(btw, i do not work for RakNet wink

Thank you very much for your advice.
I have tried to change the code in "nettest" , finally I found that it is too hard for me, so I write a simple network for my program ( because I don't need a network which have too much function. ). I also creat a simple server, so it can send and receive message. And i use "simplemap" to instead of client. I also changed some part of it, so when the player's state is changed it can tell the server immediately.
But I have a problem that now the server can send and receive message successfully, but the client can only send message successful, it can't receive net message in time, I have tried many times, but it still failed, I don't know why?
I don't know where can I insert my net code in "simplemap". so it can receive the net message in time. Please help me !!!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: