Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 09:02:05 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9018 Posts in 2051 Topics by 8471 Members
Latest Member: Jeffhogan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  A noob question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A noob question  (Read 2388 times)
LuKaS

View Profile Email
« on: July 04, 2005, 06:32:48 pm »

Hi. I'm new here and just compiled this engine to use it on a project of mine... I havent tryied to do anything with it yet, but on the tech demos that we can move the camera, if i touch a wall the screen kinda lock up... Until i move around and get away from the wall so the image can be refreshed...

English is not my first language, so i dont know if i made any sense at all Tongue So i ill atach a photo that shows what i'm trying to say:

Anyway... Can this be a problem with my video card? (radeon 9200, 128Mb, 128 bit) or is something that is only wrong at these demos?
deckerego

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 03:50:05 am »

You might just be running a demo that doesn't use collision detection. What command were you running?
DaHoC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 07:47:39 am »

Yes, that sounds like the collision detection is turned off (or even broken?) in your "tech demo" (whatever app that is). This means you can 'walk' through walls/objects and since the outer plane of the room kind of has no material, it may look like an error, but that's just normal.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 08:00:49 am by DaHoC » Logged
LuKaS

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 05:43:47 pm »

Its the walk test demo that comes once the SDK is compiled... I called it a tech demo because i thought these demos were there to show the capabilities of the engine...
DaHoC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 11:37:44 am »

Ok, then there is something wrong. Have you installed the required libraries for CrystalSpace? Did you get any error messages during compilation or when running walktest? Which version of CS do you use? What commandline options did you use?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: