Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 09:20:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9032 Posts in 2046 Topics by 9297 Members
Latest Member: Adrihjapa
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Associate Projects
| |-+  CrystalBlend Discussion
| | |-+  Help/Inputs Revising b2cs Installation Instructions on Wiki
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Help/Inputs Revising b2cs Installation Instructions on Wiki  (Read 3358 times)
Hannofcart

View Profile Email
« on: November 01, 2008, 09:09:36 pm »

After spending most of the weekend tinkering with b2cs, what with all the faulty/out-dated installation instructions on the b2cs Wiki, and finally having managed to get everything working I thought that I'd spare others the effort by touching up the wiki a bit. But before I do that I want to make sure I am getting things right. Is anyone else aware of the following problems? Can anyone else affirm this list of errors/issues? This should probably be in the discussion page on the Wiki, but I thought the purpose of the post would be better served here.

Issues with the Artist-Install Page
  • Version 0.6 of b2cs has been advised for use with Blender 2.42 on the Regular Install page, while the link on this page points to Blender V2.44. What worked for me was 2.46 and upwards with the SVN version of b2cs
  • Version 0.6 works only with CS 1.0, and this is acknowledged in the main page while the links offer a custom package that I suspect is not Ver 1.0
  • In any case, the README that comes with the package as of now says Python2.4 compatibility while the link on the page is for Python2.5

Issues with the Regular Install page
  • b2cs SVN is advised with Blender 2.44. I think thats incorrect too. What worked for me was 2.46-2.48a (as previously stated). I haven't tested Blender 2.45

If the changes are to be incorporated we'll probably need to provide an alternated precompiled pycelstart directory with CEL and CS for the artist-install page. Also I've come to all the above conclusions based on testing on WinXP mostly. On Linux, the only trial I ran was on OpenSuse dist with Blender 2.46 and SVN b2cs. Didn't seem to have a problem.

These trivial errors (if that) MUST be fixed. Could you guys please help?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: