Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 05:05:12 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9010 Posts in 2044 Topics by 8784 Members
Latest Member: Beaburleson
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  General Crystal Space Discussion
| | |-+  Your opinion of the Event System
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Your opinion of the Event System  (Read 1956 times)
Rocketmagnet

View Profile Email
« on: January 13, 2009, 01:21:23 am »

Hi all,

I'm currently developing a CAD package for developing Printed Circuit Boards (http://www.liquidpcb.org) and I would like to implement some kind of event system into it. Someone pointed out that Crystal Space has an event system that might be appropriate.  I have read a little bit about it, and I think it looks pretty good.  But I don't have a lot of experience with this kind of thing, so I would like to ask you....

What is your opinion of Crystal Space's event system?  Do you find it powerful to use?  Would you have done it any differently?

Let me give you some idea of what I have in mind for the event system.  Events would generate messages containing any kind of information. Handlers would subscribe to messages much like they do in Crystal Space, but messages would also be the primary method for components to pass information to eachother.  For example, a mouse click would generate a message, which is picked up my a handler, which works out what was clicked on, then sends another message to the object, telling it that it's been clicked on.

If Crystal Space's event system is perfect for LiquidPCB, then I would probably re-implement the graphics system with CS. It would make sense.

Many thanks for any help or advice

Hugo Elias
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: