Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 10:43:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
8990 Posts in 2037 Topics by 7598 Members
Latest Member: Tarafigueroa
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  Terrain & splatting texture
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Terrain & splatting texture  (Read 738 times)
nicoo

View Profile Email
« on: July 06, 2011, 01:31:47 pm »

Hello, I would like to start by rendering a terrain. I know how to make my own heightmap, I know how to create textures. I don't know how to associate a terrain with several textures.

I would like to use same technique like here : http://supcom.wikia.com/wiki/Height-_/_Texturemaps_with_image_editing_tools

if you have some informations about that, maybe a tutorial it would be helpful.

n.b.    : I was on the blender2crystal website. Guys, you MUST absolutely change the main page

n.b.2. : I wanted to search some information in the API the research engine returnsa message about internal server error.

n.b.3. : On the main page you have a small box with "Past events", they are very old, sound better for me to remove them, because I ask my self if CS isn't a dead project.

thank you
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 01:34:08 pm by nicoo » Logged
kickvb
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 05:22:18 pm »

Hello, I would like to start by rendering a terrain. I know how to make my own heightmap, I know how to create textures. I don't know how to associate a terrain with several textures.

You can have a look at the examples in CS/data/terrainXXX (terrainf is probably the most interesting).

You can also use some terrain editors, such as PnP TerrainCreator or l3dt.

n.b.    : I was on the blender2crystal website. Guys, you MUST absolutely change the main page

blender2crystal is currently no more active. It will probably be replaced by the B2.5CS script from Peragro Tempus

n.b.3. : On the main page you have a small box with "Past events", they are very old, sound better for me to remove them, because I ask my self if CS isn't a dead project.

You are not the first to tell it, we should definitively do something about that Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: