Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 01:10:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9011 Posts in 2044 Topics by 8898 Members
Latest Member: Anitelc
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Support
| | |-+  A small CEGUI problem
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A small CEGUI problem  (Read 1646 times)
hedron

View Profile Email
« on: January 06, 2010, 11:12:35 am »

Hi,

I've been working on CEGUI menus and splash screens for a small FSP test project in crystal space and have managed fairly well until I tried a first time system install. So far I've been testing in the development directory, and everything works perfectly.

When I tried a system test, i.e. "configure --prefix=/usr/local", and run from /usr/local/bin, the program crashes trying to create the CEGUI.log file in the /usr/local/bin directory. Even when I use setLogFilename to redirect it, the CEGUI logger still tries to create the logfile in /usr/local/bin, then opens the new logfile where I've redirected it.

Has anybody had the same or similar problem, and if so, how did you manage to redirect the CEGUI Logger before initializing it?

I don't really have any problem developing for a user-space game, but eventually, I'd like to work on a networked multi-user client/server game, and redirecting the logger will be very important at that point.

Any hints/tips/solves are greatly appreciated in advance.

Thanks.

Her: "I thought you were trying to get into shape?"
Him: "I am... the shape I've selected is a triangle."
Vincent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 11:44:49 am »

Hi

that's an interesting issue...
Can you create a bug ticket in CS Trac for it ?
Just use the same login/password as the forum to "log in".
Be sure to provide version informations about CS, CEGUI etc.
hedron

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 01:18:07 am »

Thanks for the reply.

Although I don't believe the problem is a bug (more like an undocumented feature), and more of a problem for CEGUI than CS.
I was just wondering if anyone else had come across this problem and had solved it.
I've been trying to post the problem on the CEGUI forums, but have been unable to create an account there.
I'll try to create a bug ticket as you suggest and see what happens, although it may be a low priority.

Again, thanks.

Her: "I thought you were trying to get into shape?"
Him: "I am... the shape I've selected is a triangle."
kickvb
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 05:11:48 pm »

This problem has been fixed in r36516 (in current trunk, soon to be merged into 2.0). The CEGUI plugin now uses a configuration file where the logfile can be specified. Also by default, the file is now created in your "/tmp" directory.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: