Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 03:34:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9018 Posts in 2051 Topics by 8494 Members
Latest Member: Onapthanh
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  Game Content Creation
| | |-+  3ds max and object properties
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 3ds max and object properties  (Read 4799 times)
3dmod

View Profile Email
« on: April 22, 2010, 03:30:43 pm »

Hi everyone

I faced the problem:
At export from 3ds max the object properties don’t get exported
I tried to set the property which limits object visibility depending on distance
<maxrenderdist value="100" />

I put this line into object property but this property does not exist in the final XML document
I tried to edit XML file manually and set this property for object like it’s said in the documentation
http://www.crystalspace3d.org/docs/online/manual/Map-Creation-Tips.html
<meshobj name="complextree">
  <params>
  </params>
  <maxrenderdist value="100" />
</meshobj>

And it worked
The object with manually edited properties behaves properly – disappears depending on distance

How can I make this property export from 3ds max?
kickvb
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 01:54:50 pm »

I suppose that this property is not handled by the exporter. If you really need it, then the most simple is probably to add it by yourself (then of course commit it to CS trunk so that everybody can benefit of it Wink
Kriss

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 09:15:52 am »

I don't see such option in the exporter.

There is a certain probability that version I attached to this post will help although it's just a quick'n'dirty patch.
Just rename exportCS-tweaked.mcr to exportCS.mcr and replace your original exportCS with it (it should be somewhere Macroscript/UI/ directory if I'm not mistaken... Sorry, I switched to a hand-made exporter too long ago to remember, that's why I'm not sure it'll work.)

There's also exportCS-default.mcr in the archive... I'm not sure whether my outdated exporter from 1.4 SVN is the same, so at least you'll be able to compare (be it by size or by content).

Oh... It works by typing something like MAXRENDERDIST=100 in object custom properties.

Hope this will help. =)

Edit: corrected the script a little

* exportCS.zip (40.49 KB - downloaded 147 times.)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 06:16:45 pm by Kriss » Logged
kickvb
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 02:30:02 pm »

The patch you are talking about does not seem to appear in the forum, can you send it through the trac system (http://crystalspace3d.org/trac/CS/newticket)? It is also better if the patch you provide is made with SubVersion (with the 'diff' command, see http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/)...
Kriss

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 06:45:43 pm »

Um... Sorry, I'm afraid to screw something up... It needs to be tested. In my case it works Ok, but who knows...
And I don't have SVN at the moment (that's why I was afraid that my version isn't up to date, though I doubt that 3ds max exporter updates often... If at all...)

If you would be so kind to help, then here's the only line that was added (line 2408):
Code:
if ((getUserProp obj "MAXRENDERDIST") != undefined) then format "      <maxrenderdist value=\"%\">\n" (getUserProp obj "MAXRENDERDIST") to:outFile
kickvb
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 01:19:27 pm »

Your patch was commited in revision 34678.
Thanks for the contribution!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: