Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 04:25:21 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9009 Posts in 2043 Topics by 8373 Members
Latest Member: Msfilercarle03
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Project Development
| |-+  Development Discussion
| | |-+  Status of CVS snapshot version
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Status of CVS snapshot version  (Read 2962 times)
Jan Lind

Email
« on: August 03, 2005, 08:41:33 pm »

Hi!

Would it be possible to present the status of a CVS version somewhere? At least if one
could know if it builds or not. As a beginner on CS, it is hard to know if the reason for not building is
due to wrong setup on my place or due to errors in the original. For instance, I am not
able to build the latest now from 2dn of August. Get several compile errors on WinXP.

Br /Jan
deckerego

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 06:43:22 pm »

CVS versions are inherently unstable, but usually by providing your specific problem to the forum or the mailing list things can be fixed quickly.

CVS is a repository for everyone to collaboratively submit their changes, and before someone commits (at least my understanding is) they ensure it compiles for their particular environment. The problem can be that what builds on one person's environment my not build on another persons. Since every developer can't regression test on every possible build setup, it's more of a collaborative effort to get things fixed and all the bugs shaken out.

However, an easy way to back up to a given working date is to use the -D flag to cvs - this will let you back up to the last working date for your build environment.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: