Crystal Space
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 08:29:07 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
9010 Posts in 2044 Topics by 8810 Members
Latest Member: Raima55
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Crystal Space
|-+  Crystal Space Development
| |-+  General Crystal Space Discussion
| | |-+  Calling to all Crystal Space users!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Calling to all Crystal Space users!  (Read 12718 times)
Keen
Webmaster
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« on: December 09, 2004, 01:51:32 pm »

Hey everyone! Just a small notice to everyone that uses Crystal Space. The Crystal community is up and running! Now all we need is some articles or tutorials on to get it going.

Just write any article that could be useful for game development (or even application development) preferably that could be used for Crystal Space. Everyone is very welcome to do so! So please, register and write your articles or tutorials for the Crystal Space community!

Keen

Stop emailing me with scary CS questions! Direct your emails to jorrit or thebolt!

For Crystal Space Tutorials, articles and other stuff, visit community.crystalspace3d.org
dingobloo
Idle Extrordinare.
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 05:26:32 pm »

I'm reporting in, I added my Biggish terrain picture to the gallery and am also half way through writing the cs world file breakdown article.

Also, i added a shader file gallery for all people wanted to upload shaders. I also uploaded a shader from Xotic created by res2k and also added a shader picture gallery and added 2 pictures from the fur-shader which can hopefully be uploaded from sueastside at a later date.   Cheesy  hope i havnt abused my privledges here
deckerego

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 05:19:43 pm »

My word that's a big terrain map.

Do you know if there is anything that can be done to help load times on the Wiki page? Is the hardware just getting hammered?
dingobloo
Idle Extrordinare.
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2004, 04:33:37 am »

Ahh yes, never fear Keen seems not to have changed the re-direct to thebolts server yet, so after i added stuff they will have to do another database migration when keen gets back then he'll have to change the tk redirection then it should be faster.
dingobloo
Idle Extrordinare.
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2004, 04:39:56 pm »

Okay ive added a tutorial like Keens about CVS on windows but with WincVS.

I'm having trouble with the World Format breakdown tutorial becasue when i try submit it it reads the XML as HTML but if i say to not include HTML then it just deletes it from the page entirely. Perhaps i will have to post it on an outside link which i don't think would be fun or just make it a file available for download via the article link, i dont know.

i also added a few more shader pictures from dentoid.
CyaNox

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2004, 12:02:41 pm »

Quote from: dingobloo
I'm having trouble with the World Format breakdown tutorial becasue when i try submit it it reads the XML as HTML but if i say to not include HTML then it just deletes it from the page entirely.

I'ld like to see it in the article itself ... If you want me I can help with it.

Have Fun!!!

Mark Sanders
dingobloo
Idle Extrordinare.
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2004, 02:01:36 pm »

Thanks Cyanox, it's now posted using you're advice. Tell me if you spot something that doesnt sit right in the article.
deckerego

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2004, 04:10:41 pm »

Does one need to start an article before they post to the tutorial gallery? The only one I can seem to submit to is the shader gallery (which is quite nifty, BTW)
dingobloo
Idle Extrordinare.
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2004, 04:48:05 pm »

I think thats the way keen has created each of the galleries, you need to be an Editor to add a picture to those gallery's but i made the shader gallery open to all when i made it.
Keen
Webmaster
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2004, 02:35:29 am »

Whoops, I did forget to set it  embarassed

Anyway, I have already set it so you can add your own.

Keen

Stop emailing me with scary CS questions! Direct your emails to jorrit or thebolt!

For Crystal Space Tutorials, articles and other stuff, visit community.crystalspace3d.org
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: